Toy exchange?

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I will caveat this with I don't have a dog in this fight, I exist merely to stir the pot:

If you're so worried about liability, shouldn't we then shut down the rehoming sub-forum? It's the identical concept, but with live animals. And any liability should it exist would be inherently greater in the trafficking of live animals than there would be for simple toys.

I've been on several forums the last 15 years, mostly orchid forums, and Every forum had an actively used section dedicated to trading and giveaways. I'm not so sure there is the liability you all believe there is. Did anyone run this by a lawyer?
You make a good point, Chris. But truth to tell, a lot of our policies are as much about preserving the harmony and community atmosphere of the forum itself as they are about protection from legal actions.

Is it possible to insert enough legalese into a post so as to render a particular thread or even sub-forum virtually unassailable by legal action? Possibly. Mayhap even probably. But that is only half the equation that we must consider.

A smooth-running forum is also of vital import, and factors heavily into any and all considerations.

But that said, we are further discussing this topic. We'll get back to you guys with a final determination.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hello, all. Well, after further consideration of Al's (Wrench13's) idea, and in light of the interest already expressed by several members, we've decided to go ahead with a trial run of a new sub-forum for toy exchanges.

Of course, we ask that you bear with us as the sub-forum is generated and the wording prepared. Once everything is ready, we'll make an announcement (appropriately in the Announcements sub-forum) as well as providing a link, here.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Moderators I feel exactly the same way as you all do. Anything that would upset or drastically change the great feel of this web board is something that I would not support and had no intention of doing. As I said earlier this would be an experiment and would require everyone participating to uphold the spirit and the ethics of the board.
Thank you for reconsidering the idea and I look forward 2 the opening of that sub forum.

Nicky76

Apr 17, 2016
UK
Parrots
Archie the Patagonian Conure and Chilli and Doris the Kakarikis ❤️
Yay that's great news [emoji3]

❤️ Animals are like little angels sent to earth to teach us how to love ❤️

Most Reactions