Toy question

Mysterygirl

Apr 14, 2015
Nor Cal
Parrots
Edgar (Alexandrian), Piper (Indian Ringneck), Eridan (Indian Ringneck)
My neighbor (who doesn't have any birds) asked if I was going to let my new Alex play with (human) baby toys like the plastic key rings. The only answer I could give is he has enough toys for the moment.

Can birds play with human baby toys? Is it safe? :confused:
Can he play with plastic spoons?

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Parrots LOVE baby toys:D Kiwi has probably 20 various rattles and keys, and loves each and every one of them.

With baby toys, make sure there are no small enough to swallow parts, no batteries, no liquids (like teething rings), and no little screws (could be zinc). All plastic toys, like keys, are generally safe:) Plastic spoons I would avoid because when they break, they can be razor sharp.

ShaunaR

Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pixie the White Bellied Caique
We have more baby toys than actual parrot toys for our Caique. She particularly loves the small toys made to attach to car seats and carriers....especially the ones with a small mirror. I have found baby toys much more affordable and in some cases safer than parrot toys. I think it depends on the bird as to what is safe and what is not. Pixie has a habit of trying to put the teething rings over her head so we don't use those anymore. I buy plastic baby spoons and toothbrushes whenever I can because she loves chewing on them. Again I believe you must supervise any bird with toys because anything can be a danger if they eat the parts or attempt to break them.
Shauna/Rick

OP
Mysterygirl

Mysterygirl

Apr 14, 2015
Nor Cal
Parrots
Edgar (Alexandrian), Piper (Indian Ringneck), Eridan (Indian Ringneck)
I have discovered baby toys are a lot cheaper than bird toys and Edgar likes the baby toys more.

[ame="https://youtu.be/NTMVn5gO6aw"]20150520 1130321 - YouTube[/ame]

Most Reactions

Latest posts