Toys

C3mommy

Mar 14, 2018
Nampa, Idaho
Parrots
Quaker Parrot- Gamora
Does anyone that own lovebirds make their own toys? If so, what kind of toys have you noticed that your lovebirds like and enjoy?

Or if you buy toys from the pet stores have you noticed any favorites that they seem to like?

:rainbow1::orange::gcc::green1::green:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Lovebirds, so I am told, love paper stuff... I buy rolls of unbleached butcher paper and dole out big pieces (just ripped off or crumpled up) for the Rb's amusement. I'd give that a try!
Lovebird folks, what say ye?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My lovebirds love cardboard, paper and thin pieces of wood the most, although they have also enjoyed destroying thick pieces of wood. They go crazy for cardboard egg cartons:)

OP
C3mommy

C3mommy

Mar 14, 2018
Nampa, Idaho
Parrots
Quaker Parrot- Gamora
Lovebirds, so I am told, love paper stuff... I buy rolls of unbleached butcher paper and dole out big pieces (just ripped off or crumpled up) for the Rb's amusement. I'd give that a try!
Lovebird folks, what say ye?
I did fill a box full of shredded paper yesterday and they played in it for hours.. I also stuck it in their cage and they continued to play with it more. I finally took it out today when I cleaned the cage.

OP
C3mommy

C3mommy

Mar 14, 2018
Nampa, Idaho
Parrots
Quaker Parrot- Gamora
My lovebirds love cardboard, paper and thin pieces of wood the most, although they have also enjoyed destroying thick pieces of wood. They go crazy for cardboard egg cartons:)
That's good to know. I will try to give them a egg carton once I get it emptied! Thanks for the info!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That's good to know. I will try to give them a egg carton once I get it emptied! Thanks for the info!

Just make sure it is cardboard, and that no eggs broke in it or anything. Hope they enjoy it!

Most Reactions