Travel and temperature for a Conure

Pistachio

Aug 19, 2011
Hello Everyone,

We are going to a Cottage 45 minutes north of Parry Sound Canada for 4 days(end of September) The heat is from a fireplace only. I want to take Pistachio with us, would it be a good idea? Could it get too cold during the night? What would be considered to cold for them?

Thank you for any information,

Palrih

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
I don't know what's considered too cold. I never really thought about it. My guys are generally in my room which ranges anywhere from 68-72 when it's cold outside (they get covered with heavy blankets in the winter because the house gets cold at night and the space heater in my room sometimes isn't enough) and it's generally around 78 in the summer time when the a/c is on. Now I'm curious as to what's too cold!

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
hhmmm, interesting question! Im not sure what is too cold, but if you have power maybe you could get one of those little heated perches, that way your baby will be nice and warm and with the cage covered you shouldnt have any problems. Plus you could keep it plugged in for your lil one during the day if it gets a little chilly. Good Luck and please let us know what you decide to do.

Most Reactions

Latest posts