Triple stack cage

Bronxdevine

Mar 13, 2016
Hello would like to know is a triple stack cage size w36xd24xh79.5 bar spacing 1/2 it would house a sulphur cockatoo & Congo African grey & Amazon ?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Triple stacked cages are more commonly used in pet stores to display a large number of parrots in a small area, for a short period of time. IMHO, they are not designed for housing companion parrots. The overall size you are looking at is more commonly the size of a single cage for a single parrot of the parrots you listed.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I have a triple stack with about the dimensions you mentioned. I wouldn't put the type of birds you mentioned in it. I have gccs, a sun, and cockatiels in it. My 40x30 double stacker has my Amazon and cockatoo in it.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I agree with Victoria as to the size of bird for those cages. The drawback of stackers is thay they are short in height within each compartment, so it can make the length and width seem smaller than it is. Also doesn't let as much light in the bottom cages. It's a space saver for sure, and so much easier to clean the floor I imagine, rather than 3 separate.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I'm not a big fan of 'stacker' cages, but that's just me. :) I can absolutely see their functionality if you are pressed for space, however, those I've seen, I always feel badly for the bird(s) housed in the bottom portion(s). Again....that's just me.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
I will re-iterate JerseyWendy's comment and can also remember hearing that birds housed in this way can have issues. Lots of variables to consider with this sort of housing - how much time out of it, is it just for bedtime? I couldn't personally do this to any bird, it's so unnatural.

When we see stacked crates of illegal birds everyone says ooh, ahh etc etc so ...........

Last edited:

Most Reactions