Uploaded photos come out sideways

moni.k

Sep 2, 2012
Pasadena, CA
Parrots
~SI female eclectus: Nalani~
~pineapple.turquoise GCC: Layla~
So I've been trying to upload some more photos into my album, but the photos keep coming out sideways. The jpeg image is right way up prior to the upload. I've done it before and haven't encountered the problem until now. Any suggestions on how I can point my photos in the right directions :rolleyes:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Are you loading it from your phone? If so it does it to me as well. I just sent off to see if we're able to have the pic rotation tab added so we can rotate our pics.

Michael

OP
moni.k

moni.k

Sep 2, 2012
Pasadena, CA
Parrots
~SI female eclectus: Nalani~
~pineapple.turquoise GCC: Layla~
I email the photos to myself, add it to my picture folder on the computer. When I try uploading it to the photo album it comes out sideways. It's definitely right way up on my computer.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
If the images are the 'right way up' on the computer, and you saved them that way, and uploaded the correct image, and it still shows up sideways, then a "simple fix" is to make a copy of the image and save that, then upload the copy.

When you take a photo with a phone, it can store information in the image saying how the image was taken (horizontal? vertical?), it's location, etc. It's embedded in the image itself. When you go to upload it, the forum may be looked at that embedded info and tries to make sure that the image is uploaded "right side up" - so to speak.

At least, this is a guess of mine.... so if you were to copy the image and upload the copy, it should not save the embedded info, therefore "fixing" the issue.

maithly

Nov 27, 2013
Can somebody just confirm/advise whether the fee for becoming a supporting member is US dollars? Thanks.

Most Reactions