Very sick little budgie

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Hindsight is always 20/20. If putting him in the water had helped him go, you would be a hero and we'd all be sharing that trick. We all make the best decisions we can, and that's all we can do. We have no control over the outcome. Studies show that luck played as much a part as skill with experience stock traders and fund managers. I don't see this as a mistake in judgement. This is a supreme effort to save the life of a little bird. You acted honorably and well. That's what I will remember from this story. You can't know...maybe he was in pain, and the heart attack (if that's what it was) spared him further suffering. It may have been the kindest thing.

OP
J

Jean20057

May 24, 2017
Thanks everyone. Though it is with an incredibly heavy and shattered heart that I tell you all that we just lost his old cage mate. They were best friends, and fell in brotherly love for each other literally at first sight. I sit here, broken and shattered, as a parront without her babies. In just over 2 weeks, I've lost two of my boys. Pepper was my first budgie, my first bird actually. He is the one who actually created my intense love for birds. I got him in 2013 on my birthday. I'm not sure where to post this other than here.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanks everyone. Though it is with an incredibly heavy and shattered heart that I tell you all that we just lost his old cage mate. They were best friends, and fell in brotherly love for each other literally at first sight. I sit here, broken and shattered, as a parront without her babies. In just over 2 weeks, I've lost two of my boys. Pepper was my first budgie, my first bird actually. He is the one who actually created my intense love for birds. I got him in 2013 on my birthday. I'm not sure where to post this other than here.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

My deepest condolences for your loss of Pepper. It is so difficult to begin grieving yet again when the passing of Peatri is so recent.

You may wish to create a new thread in the Bereavement sub-forum for Peatri and Pepper. Individual or combined, whatever you wish. http://www.parrotforums.com/bereavement/

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
I'm sorry to hear about Pepper's passing :(

Most Reactions