very strange mutation lovebird--need help with mutation pls!!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
She is gorgeous. I would have grabbed her in a heartbeat as well.:D

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Sorry crimson, but they can't always figure out the cause of red suffusion! It's usually believed to be kidneys, but I've known owners who have done blood panels on their red suffusion lovebirds and everything came back normal! The birds were obviously not ok!

I don't mean to scare you, but PBFD can also do that to feathers... although lovebirds tend to be one of the hardier species when it comes to that nasty disease... not sure why.

I have heard some people have had great success using aloe detoxes.

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Good gracious, what a pretty bird!!! I do hope that it is just a lucky mutation and nothing else.
Pse post more pics of her when you can. I'd love to see more!

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
That is the most beautiful lovebird wow i wish i had one like that!!!!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
It's beautiful!!! I have never seen anything like that in a lovebird!

Blueridge

Sep 16, 2013
North Carolina
Parrots
Rocky - Yellow-Faced Quaker Parrot
She looks so healthy, I'm sure it's just a mutation. She's beautiful too! Man, she's pretty!

Good luck!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Is there an update on this? Is she healthy?

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I was just wondering about this case and decided to see if I could find it. One of my green cheeks has some black bars on her wings that the breeder told me was normal, but I no longer believe that. I am looking around, it just reminded me of this and I wondered if she ever found out. I really hope it was a mutation not a health problem.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I assume everything was fine... as she would mention "Tie Dye" talking about things besides health I think I remember. You can look back into Beth's (crimson) posts and find her threads there :)

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Oh my gosh I hope it's not sick because that bird is so beautiful!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
WOW Id be in love too :)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Hi everyone :)....I've been off here for quite some time.
just to let you know that Tie-Dye is doing excellent, and has fallen in love with Sunrise.
@silversage, referring to your post about the black bars on her wings, my conure Flare had that, but no longer.
the black has disappeared, I am guessing it was due to lack of nutrition. previous owner only fed her sun flower seeds and wild bird seed, which could have been the cause but not confirmed.
thanks for wondering:D
bye for now...p.s. Num Num is doing wonderfully!! :D:D

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Thanks for letting us know!

Most Reactions

Latest posts