Video: My neighbor and I just rescued this escaped ringneck from certain death!!!

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
This is my final post on this entire subject or anything to do with the IRN or that woman. Someone who gives an individual a key is giving them person defacto permission to enter. I also have text correspondence as proof of her saying come over ANYTIME while I am at work whenever you WISH any day. I will also be sending her a text after I have left that I have picked up my belongings (one of which is my bird cage which the IRN is currently living in because she does not have a cage) and taken the bird to a shelter and have placed her key back underneath the mat which is where she left the key for me to take home in the first place! Calling her is of no use... she does not have the courtesy to ever answer the call so I'm certainly not going to go over to her when she is home. NO THANK YOU. Again, I have been NOTHING but EXTREMELY nice and polite to this woman at all times. She is wacko.

As a matter fact of... I am a very reasonable person however I find it to be rather insulting when I am being hit with the liner "two sides to every story" BS.

I also understand everyone takes different care of their birds of course however when I stand by and WITNESS this woman opening front doors and ignoring me when I express to her POLITELY that it's when people do this that disasters happen and you end up with escaped bird and you might think it is OK to not tell someone they must cover the exposed sliding glass door in their living room when they have an IRN flying around or you might think it is ok to sit by and watch someone do that but I do not and it's not her bird... nor is it my bird.

I will be taking bird to shelter so they can find a responsible owner. Nuff said.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
So she told you you could enter, but did not give you permission to take anything from her house. You just made her case for entering illegally to take something that doesn't belong to you. The cage may be yours, but would be a civil matter. The bird is not yours to take, nor is it hers to keep.
This is a forum, and people can absolutely disagree. There are ALWAYS 2 sides to every story, and it amazes me that you are insulted when that is pointed out. The only thing I agree with that you said is that it is NOT her bird, or your bird. I am glad to hear that it will at least be taken to a shelter who may find the proper owners, but do not agree with your method. I am in complete agreement with Allee on both of her posts. PF does not condone breaking the law, no matter what your reasoning is.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
This is my final post on this entire subject or anything to do with the IRN or that woman. Someone who gives an individual a key is giving them person defacto permission to enter. I also have text correspondence as proof of her saying come over ANYTIME while I am at work whenever you WISH any day. I will also be sending her a text after I have left that I have picked up my belongings (one of which is my bird cage which the IRN is currently living in because she does not have a cage) and taken the bird to a shelter and have placed her key back underneath the mat which is where she left the key for me to take home in the first place! Calling her is of no use... she does not have the courtesy to ever answer the call so I'm certainly not going to go over to her when she is home. NO THANK YOU. Again, I have been NOTHING but EXTREMELY nice and polite to this woman at all times. She is wacko.

I have an incredible imagination, still, I can't image a scenario where you could be nice or polite to anyone.

As a matter fact of... I am a very reasonable person however I find it to be rather insulting when I am being hit with the liner "two sides to every story" BS.

You are aware that I am a moderator? My supply of patience with you is worn extremely thin at this point, I'm seriously considering banning you.

I also understand everyone takes different care of their birds of course however when I stand by and WITNESS this woman opening front doors and ignoring me when I express to her POLITELY that it's when people do this that disasters happen and you end up with escaped bird and you might think it is OK to not tell someone they must cover the exposed sliding glass door in their living room when they have an IRN flying around or you might think it is ok to sit by and watch someone do that but I do not and it's not her bird... nor is it my bird.

I will be taking bird to shelter so they can find a responsible owner. Nuff said.

Finally, a little mercy for the IRN, please don't waste time, put the innocent bird in responsible hands! If you can do that legally, that would be amazing. As Terry said, PF cannot and will not condone illegal activity no matter the circumstances.

Juliet, this is a forum, where a community of bird lovers share ideas and discuss various topics, even when we disagree we do so with respect.

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots

I have an incredible imagination, still, I can't image a scenario where you could be nice or polite to anyone.

You are aware that I am a moderator? My supply of patience with you is worn extremely thin at this point, I'm seriously considering banning you.

Finally, a little mercy for the IRN, please don't waste time, put the innocent bird in responsible hands! If you can do that legally, that would be amazing. As Terry said, PF cannot and will not condone illegal activity no matter the circumstances.

Juliet, this is a forum, where a community of bird lovers share ideas and discuss various topics, even when we disagree we do so with respect.

Your comment "I have an incredible imagination, still, I can't image a scenario where you could be nice or polite to anyone."

Are you serious? You have got to be kidding me? Please feel free to BAN me as I have no desire to participate on a form where I am outright INSULTED. I found your comment to be highly offensive and your threat to ban me when I have done nothing wrong other than communicate is outrageous. I feel your comment above was highly offensive to me.

PS: Feel feel to correspond with my attorney (I have 2 of them one referred by the Chairman of my company whom I work with) and what I attempted to explain in my prior posts is that what I am doing is NOT illegal!

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Yet you don't find your comments highly offensive?
You called Allee's 2 sides to every story BS...I find that highly offensive.
I am so confused as to how you can call people names, and judge whoever lost their IRN, but are offended when something is said to you.
You have said multiple times you are going to break the law, and that is doing something wrong. The bird does not belong to you.

Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I will grant your wish, Juliet, but in the interest of fairness, is there anything else you'd like to say?

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
My boss’s attorney (in NYC who has been good buddies with my boss for over 30+ years... they are pals from back in their college days)... the below basically sums up what he told me over the phone yesterday (he has helped me with many issues involving my business etc and I consider him to be a friend): it is not illegal what I am doing. Example: If you were to walk up to my front door, find it unlocked or have a KEY that I GAVE YOU, so you enter, sit down and turn on the Television, don't attempt to remove or destroy anything, then I come home and find you and tell you to leave and you leave… you have broken NO laws. The reality is I am not taking anything that belongs to her! Not only that I have TEXT proof and correspondence of her giving me PERMISSION to enter her home anytime!!!
A person cannot be considered trespassing or breaking and entering until they are told to no longer remain on the property. That is the reason people have NO TRESSPASSING signs on their property. At that point, anyone entering without permission is trespassing.... and as Mr. (not mentioning his name) said... it is her word against mine as to where the bird came from! Where is the PROOF that I took a bird? Silly. Mr (blank) said this would be a civil case and would be dismissed. Courts don't like their times wasted.

My point is, I have not at any given time said I was going to do anything ILLEGAL!

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I've largely refrained from posting on your threads, because in the past you've proven somewhat sensitive and I had no wish to unintentionally offend (again). I'm only stepping in for a quick moment to respectfully suggest that when you surrender this bird to the rescue, you do so under the condition that an earnest and concerted effort be made to find his/her actual owner before looking to rehome.

My 2 cents.

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
I've largely refrained from posting on your threads, because in the past you've proven somewhat sensitive and I had no wish to unintentionally offend (again). I'm only stepping in for a quick moment to respectfully suggest that when you surrender this bird to the rescue, you do so under the condition that an earnest and concerted effort be made to find his/her actual owner before looking to rehome.

My 2 cents.

Can you show me an example where I'm being sensitive? As I'm actually a very easy going person to be honest but when I am stating facts of what I have witnessed at this woman's house on numerous occasions (with her opening her front door with the unclipped bird few feet away from it which is disaster waiting to happen) and about the battle I had to finally get her to cover the exposed windows to then hit me with "two sides to every story" is upsetting. It is as though I am being called dishonest and what I saw might not have actually happened... and it happened more than once or twice. She insist she can close front door before bird flys out and this is a FACT... and no matter how many times I told her it doesn't work that way she got aggravated.

.. and to be perfectly honest what REALLY has me very upset the most out of all of this is that I have 100% been extremely very very nice to her and YES I am a very nice person and go above and beyond to help many people in my life. You have no idea. I have not even ONCE been even slightly harsh or rude to this woman.... I am more than happy to post the text that set her off here. Before I sent that text she was fine... then she turned on me.

Not to mention the amount of WORK, money and effort I put into finding the real owner most people out there would not have done!

I called ALL local avian vets along with Animal Care & Control… and I had several BIG signs on a few streets. Unfortunately the city forced me to remove all the signs I stuck into the ground (I didn’t know that wasn’t allowed oops!!) but they were up for at least a few days and I also emailed Brenda’s birds and left my phone number incase someone calls regarding a missing Indian Ringneck and I called and notified TONS more places about the found parrot. Below are just a few of the places I posted about this bird…

I posted on NEXTDOOR website...

Parrot Alert:
https://www.parrotalert.com/account-reports.php

I posted it on craigslist:
http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/laf/6289567981.html

I posted on The Bird Hotline
View Found Bird Directory - Bird HotLine

I also posted about this found parrot here:
Found Pets

Here also:
https://www.facebook.com/palmbeachparrotrescue/

Also on here 911 parrot alert:
FOUND lost parrot in Palm Beach Gardens, FL - 911 Parrot Alert

As well as 911 Parrot Alert's facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/911...oup_comment_mention&notif_id=1504100382110877

… I posted in several other places as well. HOA's friend is going to look at the IRN on monday or tuesday and I hope she will adopt him.... if not I already spent over 2 hours speaking to a legit shelter.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Sigh.
The proof that the bird does not belong to you is all over the forum. 3 weeks is way too soon to adopt out a found bird. Just ask someone like Mark, or any other member here who has lost their bird. You are potentially setting up 2 families for heartbreak. I know people who have looked for months for an owner of a lost bird, it actually is quite common. How would you feel is your tiel had escaped when the cage fell apart, and he was adopted out to another family because someone wouldn't turn him into a rescue where he could be found?
Anansi is right, you have shown yourself to be sensitive whenever someone disagrees with you in too many threads to mention. But planning on going into someone's house, who for some reason entrusted you with their key, and removing a bird that isn't yours was too much for me to not say anything. As far as how nice you were to her, it did not appear that way from your very own words you used in your posts here.
The disrespect you showed Allee was unacceptable by calling her words "BS".

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Sigh.
The proof that the bird does not belong to you is all over the forum. 3 weeks is way too soon to adopt out a found bird. Just ask someone like Mark, or any other member here who has lost their bird. You are potentially setting up 2 families for heartbreak. I know people who have looked for months for an owner of a lost bird, it actually is quite common. How would you feel is your tiel had escaped when the cage fell apart, and he was adopted out to another family because someone wouldn't turn him into a rescue where he could be found?
Anansi is right, you have shown yourself to be sensitive whenever someone disagrees with you in too many threads to mention. But planning on going into someone's house, who for some reason entrusted you with their key, and removing a bird that isn't yours was too much for me to not say anything. As far as how nice you were to her, it did not appear that way from your very own words you used in your posts here.
The disrespect you showed Allee was unacceptable by calling her words "BS".

I spoke to 3 different shelters... one of them for over 2 solid hours on the phone. They have insisted I am waaaaay far past the number of days I need to hold a lost bird. Not only that, but but they have confirmed there are no postings of any lost IRNs that are a match for the bird and I have a well known shelter looking for the owners and they said they have done all they could and it is time to rehome him (they have pics of him etc and all his info). If the real owner would simply make a phone call to any local avian vet within an hour drive from here, animal care and control OR simply went on google and typed in "missing Indian Ringneck" they would immediately see a picture of their bird on 911 Parrot altert! There are a multiple ways the real owner could easily find them if they were looking.

The gentleman I spoke to works in the rehoming department and any shelter you speak to will tell you this happens all the time a lot more often than you think... the real owners never show up.

I'm not a sensitive person if someone disagrees with me... but I am sure as heck sensitive if I feel as though I am being questioned on my honesty... and that is exactly how I feel when I hear "two sides to every story" because what I have stated thus far are the facts and when I hear "two sides to every story" I feel as though what I am saying and my honesty is being questioned.

EDIT: I have no idea which threads you are referring to. I have never gotten into any serous topics on this forum so I fail to see what you are referring to... on which topics was I being sensitive? wing clipping, diet??? I don't recall ever being sensitive to anything.

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
You got very upset with me when I was trying to help you with something. I was taken aback, because you took something I'd said far outside of the spirit in which it was given. I'd only been trying to help. But that's neither here or there.

I wasn't implying that you haven't tried to find the owner of this IRN. I'm sure you have. I'm only suggesting that you should ask the rescue to continue the search since it's only been a few weeks and birds have been found after months or longer. (You need only ask fellow member Betrisher.) Just a suggestion. Not a criticism.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
I'm going to keep this short and as sweet as I can.

If this neighbour were to hear this talk of taking the bird without her permission she could press charges against you so think about what you are saying

Now it has been an extremely stressful time for you, with the condo, irma and everything else. Take a deep breathe, this ringneck is safer than he was, he's with someone who cares about his well-being whether you agree with her or not doesn't matter. He is okay, he's not hit that window yet so the odds of him doing so are low. You need to apologize to this neighbour whether you think you should or shouldn't, you're clearly going over with good intentions but are being very critical of her and being stressed out most likely making you extremely confrontational, I would get annoyed if someone spoke to me in my own home in such a way as I'm sure you would. Talk with her calmly, ask her about the idea of taking him to a rescue when you get the chance, he will be okay at one, a good one can be like heaven for a parrot. The odds of finding his owner are low at best, you need to set him up for a good life and remove a clear bit of stress from yours.

I would also politely suggest apologizing to some certain people on here who have done nothing but attempt to give you good advice to which you have bitten their heads off.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
I'm going to keep this short and as sweet as I can.

If this neighbour were to hear this talk of taking the bird without her permission she could press charges against you so think about what you are saying

Now it has been an extremely stressful time for you, with the condo, irma and everything else. Take a deep breathe, this ringneck is safer than he was, he's with someone who cares about his well-being whether you agree with her or not doesn't matter. He is okay, he's not hit that window yet so the odds of him doing so are low. You need to apologize to this neighbour whether you think you should or shouldn't, you're clearly going over with good intentions but are being very critical of her and being stressed out most likely making you extremely confrontational, I would get annoyed if someone spoke to me in my own home in such a way as I'm sure you would. Talk with her calmly, ask her about the idea of taking him to a rescue when you get the chance, he will be okay at one, a good one can be like heaven for a parrot. The odds of finding his owner are low at best, you need to set him up for a good life and remove a clear bit of stress from yours.

I would also politely suggest apologizing to some certain people on here who have done nothing but attempt to give you good advice to which you have bitten their heads off.

Very sadly, it seems that is now not possible. Probably best if this thread is closed IMO. :(

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
At this point it's only temporary, K.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I've gotten myself "tempo banned" via infraction. It was a humbling experience on an automobile enthusiast thread. To be precise, it was in a political science subforum and emotions were white-hot.

Sometimes it is best albeit near impossible to impose a self-declared timeout. Moderators will attempt to referee but there are times a mandated absence is best for all. Y'all come here to celebrate a shared passion and we aim to deconflict the most heated debates. Thankfully this membership is unusually even tempered!

Most Reactions

Latest posts