Video of pretty bird's chatter

OP
R

RinaDoc

Aug 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
agreed with Scott, Pretty Bird is clearly having a good time out and about! Now you can try and get that bit closer

Side note: Does anyone else get a female vibe from Pretty Bird? Don't know why I just feel 'Girl' when I look at them

I don't have a name picked yet. So I'm stuck calling it pretty bird right now.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
I wonder why Pretty Bird won't let you touch him without biting. He looks friendly enough...hmm. Are you being slow enough? Can you make a video of what happens when you try to touch him or get him to step up?

Last edited:
OP
R

RinaDoc

Aug 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
I would deer why Pretty Bird won't let you touch him without biting. He looks friendly enough...hmm. Are you being slow enough? Can you make a video of what happens when you try to touch him or get him to step up?

I can. I will have to have my husband hold the phone for me. I believe I'm being slow enough, it watches my hand, and I can rub it's beak and scratch it's head through the bars.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Rinadoc, nice video! He looks calm and confident. So proud if he's)get ball tosses! You can try offering a cupped hand for snuggle. FYI my GCC never let's me pet the back or wings this is a very sensitive area. Could be why you got the nip correction after that. Also offering the the finger at beak level then drawing it back teaches them to bite. Try offering hand lower more at feet chest area. So very nice that the birdie cane and pressed up to you! So sweet! And grooming by you shows trust. Was wonderful watching you guys get to know each other so sweet!

OP
R

RinaDoc

Aug 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
Rinadoc, nice video! He looks calm and confident. So proud if he's)get ball tosses! You can try offering a cupped hand for snuggle. FYI my GCC never let's me pet the back or wings this is a very sensitive area. Could be why you got the nip correction after that. Also offering the the finger at beak level then drawing it back teaches them to bite. Try offering hand lower more at feet chest area. So very nice that the birdie cane and pressed up to you! So sweet! And grooming by you shows trust. Was wonderful watching you guys get to know each other so sweet!
Thanks! Definitely showed that ball who's boss. I will keep in mind to not pet it's back from now on. So I would assume since it was ok with the shirt over top of it that it's towel trained?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I think just enjoying playing with you !!!! Some birds do let you lightly stroke the back, and some birds this gets them riled up or immitates breeding behavior. Just something for you and birdie to determine for yourself. Just watch his reaction. Yes he told the ball what's what!!! I think would snuggle in hand like shirt, or when he pressed his body against you you could loosly cup your hand around him. All very cute a nice first outing!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
You're going to have to do some yoga mind control, :) :) :) and steel yourself, some bites ate going to happen. :) :) Plus they check things with beak first or lightly hold your finger still with beak ad they step up especially baby birds. :) Of course bites hurt, but sometimes need to test with beak first. Really start watching his body language and you'll be able to identify his intentions. ( Most if the time a laugh here because ad they get older and wiser they can learn to play tricks on you to get that bite)

Most Reactions

Latest posts