Video of pretty bird's chatter

RinaDoc

Aug 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
[ame="http://youtu.be/-of3D02sDFQ"]http://youtu.be/-of3D02sDFQ[/ame]

Must be really happy about it's new cage cause that's all it seems to want to do is be mouthy lol.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
that first chatter sounds like they're saying "Pretty bird" in that little conure voice

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Birdie really wants out. Why is birdie not out?! They want to be with you. Please tak3 this opportunity to bond with birdie instead of possibly frustrate the bird.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Birdie really wants out. Why is birdie not out?! They want to be with you. Please tak3 this opportunity to bond with birdie instead of possibly frustrate the bird.

Yes this is a bird begging you to let it out and play touch it. If you wait to long your bird is going to be frustrated with you. Liove his beautiful cage and toys!!! Beautiful happy bird.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
You may have to wait for it to go back in, but yeah...Just depends on the time you have. I let mine out daily for 3 months before she let me hold her....It was STRESSFUL not knowing what I would do if she stayed up, or if she flew (I got her used to going in and out freely so that she wouldn't assume I was going to lock her up every time she entered...)

One little trick I discovered was to turn off all of the lights lol (if it was late and I needed her to go in)...My bird auto-piloted into her house at that point (yelling at me simultaneously, but driven by a motor to find a safe roosting spot lol).
If your bird wont stay on the cage, it will be a bigger issue, so make sure you have a plan (should it fly off)

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Sometimes the best work is outside the cage. Let him climb on your arm and sit with him let him climb all over you, he will probably fo the rolky Polly on you chest cuddle to you, abd you will make progress with step up. If not you can cup both hands like an open nest to take him back to cage or on an arm. Go for it!

OP
R

RinaDoc

Aug 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
[ame="https://youtu.be/q9ntfV1LhdU"]https://youtu.be/q9ntfV1LhdU[/ame]

Can't really touch it at all. I definitely think it will take awhile before I can hold it and let it wander on me without biting hard

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Have courage, and faith . Wait till he is calm, tgrntaje the plunge. It's sad that you two are having trouble making this step. He looks very frustrated in the last video. Just keep trying till you feel comfortable. I'm glad you can give treats and head scritch through the bars. A lovely bird. Did you pick a name,? Keep talking your little success, till all at once you are there. :)

OP
R

RinaDoc

Aug 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
Have courage, and faith . Wait till he is calm, tgrntaje the plunge. It's sad that you two are having trouble making this step. He looks very frustrated in the last video. Just keep trying till you feel comfortable. I'm glad you can give treats and head scritch through the bars. A lovely bird. Did you pick a name,? Keep talking your little success, till all at once you are there. :)

That video was after i tried step up. I haven't picked a name, as still not quite sure of gender.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
He will find his way out eventually- just do really calm and neutral stuff near the cage and ignore him during that time. You can still attend to him from time-to-time, but when you are "reading" etc, he may gather the courage to take that next step. Don't scare him with treats (if he is a chicken like mine was) but that is another possibility---placing small bits of things he likes (And recognizes) on top of the cage etc. THIS IS NORMAL! (At least, it is for many other bird owners). Do not get discouraged..again, 3 months for mine to step-up, and she KNEW HOW ALREADY lol (Just didn't know me and was traumatized by the transition.) I am my bird's 3rd owner excluding the breeder, but the point is, now she is very loving...and I do trust her a lot. That doesn't mean that I didn't call my mom in tears proclaiming that I had ruined our relationship by pushing things too far during month 1 lol.

Last edited:

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Beautiful little tyke! Even without knowing boy/girl, please not ‘it’!
Consider adding a nice maple branch! He will warm up in no time, that is part of his frustration he is displaying!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
It is so nice to see you invested in a large cage! I just noticed that ball, upper right, octagon openings. I couldn’t judge it’s size, make sure it doesn’t present an entrapment danger for his head!

OP
R

RinaDoc

Aug 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ah, the pet store had it in the cage for them to play with so I thought it would be nice to bring one home for something familiar.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
you can get smaller versions of those things with smaller holes to avoid any stuck heads

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
agreed with Scott, Pretty Bird is clearly having a good time out and about! Now you can try and get that bit closer

Side note: Does anyone else get a female vibe from Pretty Bird? Don't know why I just feel 'Girl' when I look at them

Most Reactions

Latest posts