Weird spots on one side of my 3 year old quakers wings and tail

Sheepgobaa

Oct 5, 2023
Parrots
I have a 3 year old quaker parrot
Today after I gave him a bath I noticed he had weird marks on one side of his feathers that I never noticed before.
For more context recently once I came back from a week long trip I also noticed he was overpreening the feathers under his neck.
I didn't think to much of it as I assumed it was just stress of me being gone, now I'm very worried that he may be ill what can I do?
There aren't any avian vets anywhere close to my town and I'm not aware of there even being any in my country.
20231005_150552.jpg
20231005_150533.jpg

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
That looks like stress marks to me. What's his diet like as they can be caused by nutritional difficulties. If his diet is fine then it might be the stress of you having gone away. It could also be him damaging his feathers by over preening, which would have been because you were gone for a bit.

OP
Sheepgobaa

Sheepgobaa

Oct 5, 2023
Parrots
I have a 3 year old quaker parrot
That looks like stress marks to me. What's his diet like as they can be caused by nutritional difficulties. If his diet is fine then it might be the stress of you having gone away. It could also be him damaging his feathers by over preening, which would have been because you were gone for a bit.
Thank you for responding
Currently im feeding him a mixed diet of seeds and pellets, he's eating more seeds then the pellets at the moment as im in the process of switching him to a more pellet based diet.
Most of the marks were gone once he fully dried off, there's was only a bit more left on his tail

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
Thank you for responding
Currently im feeding him a mixed diet of seeds and pellets, he's eating more seeds then the pellets at the moment as im in the process of switching him to a more pellet based diet.
Most of the marks were gone once he fully dried off, there's was only a bit more left on his tail
That's good news!

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
Thank you for responding
Have you been able to get him to eat any veg?

Most Reactions

Latest posts