What do you do to spoil your Conure?

SunnyGirl

May 8, 2012
Jesenice, Slowenia, Europe
Parrots
sun conure - Sunny
... it's very fun to wash the oil, salt and vinegar from the bird after it bathed in the salad...

Oh, no! Mine always want to steal the thing that is going to make the biggest mess. Last night it was the tortilla chip with the biggest glob of spinach dip. I know they are going to drop 99% of it, but at least they aren't coated in salad dressing. YIKES! You win!

haha yeah that one budgie was a daredevil :cool: like go big or go home... why have one leaf of salad when you can have a whole bowl full of it!
my family thought the 'budgie-soiled-salad' with a few feathers in it was unedible but the salad-dressing-coated-budgie was fine :34:

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
Hmm I'm clearly not spoiling my fids at all by these standards! They get pistachios and nutriberries on the regular, so it's really things like an occasional apple-bit or white rice that they enjoy :)

MMARC234

Nov 20, 2018
Louisiana
Parrots
Male Pineapple GCC- Leo * Male Blue Quaker- Bluebell * Male Green Quaker- Avocado
I’m not sure if this counts but some mornings I pretend to not see a Leo beak stealing a sip of my milk. Bluebell usually just steals a bell pepper off my plate. Although she did try to eat a piece of my hamburger (?!) yesterday. I got an earful for stopping that.

OP
Aratingettar

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
@Aratingettar

REALLY? Since when are my birds well behaved? What a complement...wow thanks! I do try like really really hard with them on a daily basis. :):):) But I wouldn't have thought they would beabed as "well behaved".

Haha probably it all depends on your reference:) Maybe I just send you Cytrynka for a week, so you'll see what a NAUGHTY CONURE means ;) Then for sure you will appreciate your well-behaved flock :D

OP
Aratingettar

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
I’m not sure if this counts but some mornings I pretend to not see a Leo beak stealing a sip of my milk. Bluebell usually just steals a bell pepper off my plate. Although she did try to eat a piece of my hamburger (?!) yesterday. I got an earful for stopping that.
You bet it counts!

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
I don't spoil Skittles at all. I "pamper" him. lol. I look at it this way, if he needs it- he gets it- end of story. If he wants it and its safe to have, he gets that too. He comes first, even before me. I have a few friends who "just don't get it". Ironically, they are all people who don't have pets.

One thing that REALLY aggravates me is when non-bird people look at taking them to the vet as "unnecessary, unless they're sick" and that somehow by taking him to the vet and feeding him organic pellets that I'm somehow 'spoiling' him. Why can't we just replace stupid people with birds?

Skittles once bathed in a glass of orange juice (well, he dipped himself in it). I think that's how he got his vibrant orange.

Last edited:
OP
Aratingettar

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
I don't spoil Skittles at all. I "pamper" him. lol. I look at it this way, if he needs it- he gets it- end of story. If he wants it and its safe to have, he gets that too. He comes first, even before me.

You could put that in the Wikipedia, under "Conure spoiling" section ;)

And the Orange juice story.. hilarious! I remind I have called him the "Orange factor" Sun Conure. Now you've explained the full story :)

fuad

Dec 31, 2018
I don't spoil Skittles at all. I "pamper" him. lol. I look at it this way, if he needs it- he gets it- end of story. If he wants it and its safe to have, he gets that too. He comes first, even before me. I have a few friends who "just don't get it". Ironically, they are all people who don't have pets.

One thing that REALLY aggravates me is when non-bird people look at taking them to the vet as "unnecessary, unless they're sick" and that somehow by taking him to the vet and feeding him organic pellets that I'm somehow 'spoiling' him. Why can't we just replace stupid people with birds?

Skittles once bathed in a glass of orange juice (well, he dipped himself in it). I think that's how he got his vibrant orange.
Love your attitude and style! Same here

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

sweetpeamusic

Mar 4, 2018
Washington State
Parrots
Nico - male Turquoise GCC
Nico usually gets a little bit of whatever he wants if it’s safe for him.. and he gets sweet treats every couple of days (usually apple juice or bits of corn). He gets yogurt once a week, which is his favorite treat; he will do anything for it. We recently got a Celltei Pak-o-bird for him... that’s how you know a bird is spoiled!!

Riverpet100

Mar 19, 2018
Parrots
Coconut,PineApple, Kiwi, Blueberry, Pear.Budgies
Mituna,Sollux.Lovies
Echo,Petunia,Oz.Tiels
Jaden, Pepper. Green Cheek
Diamond.B&G Macaw
Pigey(Roller pigeon)
Duck (Dove)
Mosaffa, Serebi (Finches)
I spoil my parrots in all kinds of ways! But to spoil my conure, I give her Cranberries(She loves Cranberries). She is in the taming process, so I spoil her to allow her to know that I love her, and won't hurt her. My parrots are out all day every day. But I give her all the toys that she loves. She loves soft wood toys and paper toys. There are so many ways that I spoil her, but these are the main ways. She also loves Green Bell peppers, so I give that to her as well. Spoiling your conures is a good idea.

RemiBird

Feb 26, 2019
This is such a cute thread!
Remi gets spoiled every day with little things. He gets fed his pellets by hand. I have to hand feed him those one by one, lol. And he loves them like that, perfectly happy to munch on them as long as I do that.
He gets the fruit he wants - when I do grocery shopping, I buy stuff that he likes from the produce section. For example, we don't really eat papaya, but now we do because Remi likes it, so we buy it.
He absolutely loves beak rubs. I usually rub his beak in the evening for half an hour at least.
What else... He gets a small piece of tortilla chip whenever we open the bag. He is the first one to get it, lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts