What kind of GC is this?

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
Hi, I hope this is the correct place to post this. I am trying to figure out what type of GC this is? She/he is 9 months old (I am currently waiting for the DNA sexing to come in). Thanks in advance!
-Jen
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 123

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This is a great place to post this:) I wish I could help you with your question, but I'm not that well versed in GCC. I just wanted to say how adorable he/she is! I'm sure someone else will come along who can help:)

Rockford

Mar 2, 2014
USA
It's a cinnamon gcc, just not an ideal example.

I think he is a beautiful example.

I didn't say it wasn't.
Cinnamons are usually quite a bit lighter. And I'm assuming that PickleMeDickles asked here because she couldn't find a matching pic online because her's is darker than all of the ideal example pics breeders put online.

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I didn't say it wasn't.
Cinnamons are usually quite a bit lighter. And I'm assuming that PickleMeDickles asked here because she couldn't find a matching pic online because her's is darker than all of the ideal example pics breeders put online.

Hmm, a quick Google image search just revealed numerous Cinnamon Greek Cheeks that look identical to Jen's. :cool:

OP
PickleMeDickles

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
Thank you everyone for all your help and support! I kind of figured Pickles was a cinnamon, I just wasn't sure. She (that is what I think, will find out for sure soon) really is adorable. She is not the brightest or most colorful bird on the outside but more than makes up for it on the inside. She is sitting on my hand right now "helping" me type.

Funny, I have 2 incredibly bright and beautiful Suns. I love them to pieces. They are my goofball dorks that always have me cracking up. But my "go to" bird is Pickles. I guess sometimes it is what is on the inside that matters.

Thanks again for the help! Have a GREAT day!

Rockford

Mar 2, 2014
USA
I didn't say it wasn't.

Hmm, a quick Google image search just revealed numerous Cinnamon Greek Cheeks that look identical to Jen's. :cool:

Are you accusing me of something?

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
On another note does anyone else with a green cheek ever worry that if THEIR bird was In a cage with a bunch of others you wouldn't be able to pick out your darling bird???? They all look so darn similar.
My turquoise looks like every other picture I've googled. I would like to think he would know me and say hey mom it's me... But I don't think I could pick him out of a crowd.

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
On another note does anyone else with a green cheek ever worry that if THEIR bird was In a cage with a bunch of others you wouldn't be able to pick out your darling bird???? They all look so darn similar.
My turquoise looks like every other picture I've googled. I would like to think he would know me and say hey mom it's me... But I don't think I could pick him out of a crowd.

You'll start noticing different markings when your bird starts moulting :) Possibly as chicks too, I have no idea, but you'll definitely start noticing differences when they start moulting.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
haha my gcc would distinguish himself as the most psycho, adorable, cuddly, and cheeky one if in a cage with other cinnamons!

OP
PickleMeDickles

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
I never thought about that! Kind of creepy. Here is this "being" that you love like a child and to not even be able to recognize him? I honestly don't think I could recognize Pickles in a large group. When I was trying to figure out she was a Cinnamon, I became quite disheartened, as she looks like 1/2 the birds out there and I want to create a really unique portrait and they have all been done already and I might as well just copy one of their pics = lol!

The answer to this problem for me would be to throw my 2 much larger Suns in there. The cheeky GC who immediately dive bombs the Suns trying to draw blood with not a glint of fear in her eyes would be Pickles (and the Suns just crouch down and try to block out the Green Demon).

That is another story....getting birds to get along socially when outside the cage. I figured "well, there all Conures, they'll get along". Then the Green Cheek in Pickles showed up and she is just a big bully with the other birds (they got along as babies). Funny too, Pickles picks wars with one Sun MUCH more than the other. Does anyone know where I would go to read up on this? Thanks.

-Jen

Most Reactions