whats you DREAM bird :)

missylynn

Feb 23, 2011
Parrots
2 GCCs - Jinx & Bonsai
WELL, I have 2 of my dream birds (yellow-sided GCC and cinnamon turq GCC) and I am getting my dreamest of dream birds in a few months! A Cape parrot (P.f.f.). SOOOOOO excited!!!!

Other than that... I'd LOVE to have a suncheek GCC (so gorgeous!!), a Scarlet Macaw, and a toucan. =) In a perfect world....

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
woa! i didnt know there were so many replies! i LOVE cape parrots all of the dream birds are awsome! once i had a dream that there was a scarlet macaw, goffins too, and bourkes parakeet hybrid in a refridgirator in an auditorium???????? it was really friendly and cuddly and was like a big fluff ball the size of a softball? it was a really wierd dream but i wish that actually existed lol i probably sound crazy!

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Ok.... here's one just to be silly, since ann said it could be extinct. How about a Pterodactyl?? Can we count that as a bird? Would be a nice way to travel to work! lol

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
Ok.... here's one just to be silly, since ann said it could be extinct. How about a Pterodactyl?? Can we count that as a bird? Would be a nice way to travel to work! lol

Ahahahha!! never thought about that!!! Yes definitely my dream bird is a hand fed pterodactyl :p

suebee

Jan 13, 2011

Ahahahha!! never thought about that!!! Yes definitely my dream bird is a hand fed pterodactyl :p

lol who's hands are you feeding to the pterodactyl???:11:

my dream bird will be a less aggressive nut!! we are slowly getting there lol

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
LOL that would be great, they could have parking spots for your pterodactyl! some times i wish there were macaw sized versions of smaller birds! and now i want a black faced budgie but there super rare or a double factor anthracite budgie!
v_anthracite1.jpg
double factor anthracite budgie
v_blackface2.jpg
black faced budgie

missylynn

Feb 23, 2011
Parrots
2 GCCs - Jinx & Bonsai

Lolololol!!!! My husband actually suggested that last night when I told him about this post. I told him he should create an account just so he could add that in as HIS dream bird. Guess someone else did it for him! Ha ha. :D

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
LOL that would be great, they could have parking spots for your pterodactyl! some times i wish there were macaw sized versions of smaller birds! and now i want a black faced budgie but there super rare or a double factor anthracite budgie!
v_anthracite1.jpg
double factor anthracite budgie
v_blackface2.jpg
black faced budgie

Ooooh! I forgot all about those mutations. I love budgies. My dream bird is a violet budgie. My little guy I have now is a double factor dominate cobalt pied. He is so beautiful. I just love budgies and all their color mutations.

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
Ville a double yellow head Amazon
I would like to have Hyacinth Macaw but my DYHA is kind of a dream bird to me
Welcome to a great forum

Hochimama

May 5, 2011
Malaysia
Parrots
{used to have} Fisher LoveBird, PeachFace Lovebird, Albino Indian RingNeck {used to have}
CAG .. Blue Fronted Amazon.. and Yellow headed amazon ~~ ^^

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
ooh that sounds nice! i love amazons they just seem really dedicated to their owners!

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.

lol who's hands are you feeding to the pterodactyl???:11:

my dream bird will be a less aggressive nut!! we are slowly getting there lol

lol it does sound like im saying that :eek:

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I've ALWAYS wanted a male eclectus, or a pair, a raven, a cockatoo (any of them), and an owl.

I think the black red tailed cockatoos are very pretty, but I hadn't heard of them until this thread.

I have a caique now, and I think he's a dream bird too.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
I've never really had a "DREAM" bird, but I do have a bird bucket list. Birds that I would like to have before I kick the bucket. But all of that kind of goes out the window when I adopt birds that I never even thought of.

Take for instance the second hand Senegal parrot Tiki. I never even gave thought to a Senegal. Or the 3 year old Male Eclectus, he wasn't on my bucket list either. But after getting them, I would take a dollar and a quarter for either one of them;).

My bucket listed started out:

AMAZON (my all time favorite) but never owned one.
Macaw (greenwing or Blue&Gold)
African Grey

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey Mike ,still got one left..

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
mike, i think its really nice of you to own rescue birds, maybe your their dream owner :)

Kawaii

Sep 14, 2011
Hawaii
Parrots
So damn cute & learning fast!!
I'm so excited for my dream bird, I can hardly stand it!!!
My dream bird would have to be a Hahn Macaw. I've done sooo much research on them that I'm actually having dreams of Hahn macaws, and even dreams of researching Hahn macaws! They sound like the perfect package for me personally—adorable, affectionate, and full of attitude!

I've never had a number of birds, in fact, I've only had one lovebird who was not just any lovebird. He never screamed—only talked. He was the biggest little bird, flighted, and always affectionate. He was treated well, and scarcely in his cage—except for the late hours of time. It was hard loosing my little man, and sometimes I still get choked up. However, I'm ready for something bigger and bolder. I have no idea why I'm rambling, but I'm too excited - I can't help it.

All I can say is that my breeder informed me that the hen is sitting on three Hahn eggs as of right now! Sometime next week, there should be babies! I'll be hoping, praying to god, crossing my fingers, and even praying to my lucky stars that all the babies will be healthy and happy!!
Yay!!! Dreams do come true!
pen-17.gif

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
My dream bird was to get a Illiger's macaw...I waited 10 years and my dream came true in Sept of 2002. Unfortunately Diego had a fatal stroke in June but I had 9 wonderful years with my little freak.

My second dream bird if a Red Fronted Macaw. I never thought I could ever afford one because back when I actually met my first red front they were about $3000. I use to want a rose breasted cockatoo (galla) but could never have one now as I have severe asthma which prohibits me from having dusty birds.

Soon my second dream bird will come true. I will be getting a Red Fronted Macaw hand fed baby soon. I cannot wait and I never thought the RFM price would ever be affordable. (they don't cost that much now)

Noblemacaw

Most Reactions