whats you DREAM bird :)

freya

Sep 6, 2011
Parrots
Basil CAG
My dream bird...Well until about 3 months ago I never even thought of having a bird..

Now I would say my dream is Basil... Basil without the traumas hes suffered, without the feather loss and without the fears he now has..

Hopefully some of my dreams will come true and Basil will become the glorious bird he deserves to be..

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
My dream bird always was an Alexandrine, which is what I got after Shrek, my quaker got killed... I expected Shrek to live into ripe old age, and never ever thought I would get an Alex.

Max can never replace Shrek, but I really needed a bird. I'm sure Shrek won't mind.

Shade

Sep 27, 2011
Canada
Parrots
Piper - Peachface Lovebird;
Shade - Senegal Parrot;
Joey & Pixel - Red-bellied Parrots;
Petey & Zuri - Meyer's Parrots;
Léa - Cape Parrot
By the time I made my dream bird list, I already had a few birds I wanted down the line. So, the only two who ever really made it to the list was a female Red-bellied parrot and a Cape parrot - and withing the last year or so I got both :)

YNAMomma

Sep 18, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Ianto-10yr old M. YN-Amazon,
Toshiko - 10yr old F. YN-Amazon (Mated pair)
I think MY all time dream birds would be the hawk-headed parrot, which is AMAZING and i would pretty much sell my right arm for one and a close second and third would be a Hyacinth and an African Grey they are beautiful and i would just love them dearly!

Last edited:

Winston1Smith2

Mar 19, 2010
I am very happy with Cracker. He is everything I expected and more. I do not think I would trade him for any other bird in the world. If, however, I did not already possess a bird that I love so much, I think I would like to have a pet Raven.

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Of course, I'm delighted to share my life with Ralph, the Quaker parrot. :) But if money were no object and space were unlimited, there's a long list of parrots I'd like to have. Most of them are not too exotic or rare. Start the list with an African grey (either CAG or TAG), another Amazon of some type (maybe even a Vinaceous Amazon), an Eclectus, a Hahn's Macaw, perhaps a Jardine's parrot, a Pionus of some type... Once I get started, it's hard to stop. :D

Kiwiwade

Aug 30, 2011
Hawaii
Parrots
Blue Headed Pionus : Po
African grey, Spix Macaw, and Blue Headed Pionus, wait! I just got Blue Headed Pionus so part of my dream already came true :)

Margarita

Jun 27, 2011
Chicago
Parrots
3 Budgies: Mango, Blues, Plum +2 Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey + 1 WF Amazon: Lucky
1. Panama Amazon and this one is serious dream!
2. African Grey
3. Lineolated Parakeet, Bourke's and from grass parakeets: Scarlet-Chested

I can go on and on, but that's basic...

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Bitty is my dream bird already, but if I had the money and additional time, I would love to investigate a Gang Gang Cockatoo.

Bengara

Oct 18, 2011
Media
Omro, WI
Parrots
Zebra finches, society finches,button quail, green cheek conure, sun conure, quaker parrot, Congo greys, double yellow amazon, orangewing amazons and lovebird
too many to name off but i would like a african grey

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
i love african greys and exotic cockatoos, my doctor has a palm cockatoo, all birds are so magnificant, i think every bird is somebody's dream bird, it just goes to show how wonderful they are, oh and i would LOVE to have a golden conure!

Louis

Oct 2, 2011
New Zealand
Parrots
Louis "Mr Parrot" , the Alexandrine
An African Grey is my dream parrot, hope I get one one day. Once I have about $4500 spare cash :p

Amber

Jun 1, 2011
I wouldn't trade Alex for the world, but I'd love a flock of violet budgies. Good ones with strong violet genes!

1_Violet_YFT2.jpg

My original dream bird was an ekkie (either male or female) but when at a breeders looking at an adult male, I saw Alex, fell in love, and offered them a deposit right away. So, I ended up with a janday instead. No complaints, except for the noise! :)

I would also love to one day have a B+G or hyacinth macaw. Since getting Alex though I've fallen in love with conures, they have the same slender body type and 'look' of a macaw, along with a similar personality (In mine at least I have found. Conures are close enough to macaws that their have been hansxconure hybrids before. Aratigna means 'little macaw' after all!) so I would settle for a queen of bavaria conure. I'd also love to (see- plan to) adopt another parrot of similar size to my jenday after finishing university but before starting a career as I won't be home as often (though home more then enough to give my bird love, of course!) and I think I could give an unwanted bird a new home, and Alex some company for when I am gone. I'd love to get the Bavaria then, or a sun conure.

usamimi

Oct 30, 2011
North GA
Parrots
Kevin the Congo African Grey (DNA'd F) and Ra the Sun Conure
Kevin is my dream bird, I never imagined that i'd have a CAG in a million years.

But if money, time and space was no object, toco toucan.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Well for me, it has always been an Amazon parrot. Any kind actually. But I like to think any bird that I wind up with are my dream birds because I thought they were special enough to give them a loving home and they felt I was special enough to want to be with me.

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
i think its great you rescued your eclectus, immagine if birds had dream owners! also i too would love toucan or a curl crested aracari

fishbait

Dec 11, 2011
Bastrop, TX
Parrots
Quincy-Sun Conure
Hyacinth macaw for me.....maybe. Actually my favs are Capes Vasas and Panamas!

I am getting a Cape or a Vasa this spring!!! Cannot wait!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I'd like to have a Blue fronted amazon some day :) Not a parrot but I've also always wanted a crow, I know of one person that has one that I want to go meet soon, they are illegal to keep here but he rescued it as a baby and has kept it ever since...shhhh... lol. My absolute dream bird would be to have my goffin back, I know that's not gonna happen but it would be awesome. It's not that I want a goffin, I just want her back, she was my baby. I don't know that I could ever get another one, they all look too much alike, I think it would just be more upsetting than anything.

Pim

Aug 19, 2011
my dream bird? a cockatoo that didn't scream or bite. I love their look and the good part of their personality but cant' stand the screams and biting.

Most Reactions