When can I take this cone off??

nemoluna

Feb 8, 2016
Parrots
Lyze, cockaitel and Loki, parrotlet
Our six month old Papillion puppy got neutered on Thursday and he's not a happy camper! Poor Rockett has to leave it on until next Monday when he goes back to the vet for a follow up D:

583359564ed5a79426365bac333208c8.jpg

Tony21

Feb 6, 2015
Peterborough, Canada
Parrots
Macaw
Oh that poor thing!!!

Mine will be getting neutered in a few month (wasn't going to. I was going to let My little man keep his umm "man hood", but one of his testicles didn't drop (a genetic thing).

That poor thing, looks so miserable.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
NNNAAW! Look at the sweet bub!!! :heart: Believe me, he won't miss 'them' one single bit. :)

I can't and won't tell you to take the cone off because only YOU know your baby. Only you know how intent he is on scratching/licking/biting the be-jesus out of the super tiny incision. It won't take much for him to 'undo' some if he's so inclined.

For my own dogs I removed the cone while they were 'under foot', meaning within my view. At night I'd put it back on to prevent them (male & female were done) from hurting themselves.

Just a few more days! He'll be all right! :) Gentle belly rubs for your sweetie! :heart:

I'm a FIRM believer in doggy 'birth control'. :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Ahhh, Rockett looks like he could use a gentle hug! He's adorable! I'm also pro spay or neuter. I'm sure the cone isn't making Rockett very happy but I would keep it on him until the vet gives him the okay. He will be one happy little guy again when the stitches are healed and he can lose the collar.

OP
nemoluna

nemoluna

Feb 8, 2016
Parrots
He is trying to lick at it so he'll definitely be keeping it on until doc says he can take it off. The title was more in his voice, because he doesn't like it one bit :)

Hopefully now he'll stop trying to...um, mate with our male kitty.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
ROFLMAO @ the male kitty thing.

Ya know, that was most likely not so much of a 'sexual' thing....but more likely a 'dominance' thing.

My nearly 7 year old AmBull (neutered since he was 7 months) occasionally tries to mount our 5 yr old (spayed) AmBull Pit mix, especially when they're both excited. :)

OP
nemoluna

nemoluna

Feb 8, 2016
Parrots
I'm sure it is lol! Rockett thinks he rules the house even though he's only four pounds

Most Reactions