Where do your birds sleep?

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
This is the backview but I have branches lashed across the decorative poles and that's what the girls play on all day. Up in the corner above their cage, I lashed a cat house to the bars and it rests on a thick branch. I put fleece on the inside and covered it with another fleece blanket. So they sleep in a "tree trunk cavity" of sorts. They put themselves to bed when the sun goes down then I wake them up before I go to work in the morning. The only time they're in their cage is when I'm at work.

They love their little nest and I'll have to buy another to put in the sunroom so they can sleep there on the weekends since my room will be dark and my dad and I can sleep past dawn for once.

Last edited:

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Rio sleeps in his snuggle hut, but I can't get Petri to use his! Petri sleeps on a large toy that to him is almost like a swing. Chloe sleeps on her large wooden perch and Margret likes to just sleep on her favorite perch.

Kantia

Aug 18, 2012
UK, Leicester.
Parrots
Tich. A Green-Cheeked Blue Conure. Hatched 6th May 2012 <3
Tich sleeps in a happy hut. I got one for him as he was a pain to get in at night and I thought it might help, plus it's gotten a lot colder.
Before I got his hut, he use to sleep on a perch, but one day his little head was falling, and suddenly he lost balance (being on one foot) and nearly fell off! It was quite amusing but he wasn't happy, bless him. So he sleeps in his hut now.

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
I am soooo enjoying reading and seeing photos of all the sleep places. Thanks for the giggles and photos of your babies and their favorite sleep spots. Some are so creative and cute. I love the blanket, the pom pom (where'd you get that?), the cat house/tree hole.

Question: some say they sleep in cage clinging to the bars -- what does that mean -- it sounds like the metal bars of the cage? Are they standing on the floor or on top, because the other cage bars are all vertical and I can't picture how that would work for sleeping?

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
My Elvis would hold on to the vertical with both feet and his beak

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
@MaraWentz -- o my gosh - i can't picture it -- it sounds like Elvis was doing a "spiderman" routine.

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
Lol I was so afraid he would falmoffmin his sleep but he never did lol

terry52449

Feb 11, 2012
Media
The Villages, Fl
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo: Cameo
Interesting to hear all your birds sleeping habits. Cameo will let me know now that she wants to go to bed. Before I moved her to my office she would get covered in her cage that was in the kitchen. She is very happy now in my office because it is very quiet. If I leave her cage door open Cameo will still go in her cage to sleep. I have just put in a large food box that prevents her from throwing food all over the place and she sleeps on top of that now. During the day she`ll nap where ever she is.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
My sun sleeps in his happy hut always. We always cover his cage. He'd sleep on us if he had it his way though!

Our budgies sleep on their top perch, sometimes grabbing on to a hanging toy. They don't care for their happy hut.

momto3

Mar 19, 2012
Our Quaker, Cleo, sleeps in her Birdie Binkie. Every night, without fail she hops up and goes to sleep at 7 p.m. and she doesn't get out until morning. She is never in it during the day!!! She even has a travel Binkie so that she has her bed wherever she goes.

Most Reactions