Which amazon?

Albert

Jan 4, 2014
Hi,

I know this is a loaded questions, however from owner experience here which amazon has the sweetest disposition? Thanks, Al

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome to the Forum, Albert. :) I will move this into the Amazon section for you, in hopes of getting more replies. ;)

Panama Amazons have a GREAT reputation of being VERY sweet Amazons. Then there are the Red Lores, who are pretty sweet as well.

I have both a Yellow Nape and a DYH, and even though they often get a bad rep, mine are exceptionally sweet. :D

Early socialization in THE most important thing with any Amazon.

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Hi. Although it is my firm belief that a specimen of any species of Amazon would be sweet if he/she was treated properly, I must relate to you that I had an extraordinary, although brief relationship with a LILAC CROWNED AMAZON. I was forever changed by this incredible little bird, and can honestly say that as much as I love all birds, I will always be drawn to Amazons in particular, because of the sweet, inquisitive, and forgiving disposition of this particular bird. To my knowledge (and there are many many more experienced bird folk here who will correct me if I'm wrong), the breed is known as easy going.
If you are considering an Amazon as a companion, please do not overlook the Lilac Crowned. You could not ask for a better friend.

Nathan1

Nov 30, 2013
Canada
Parrots
Quaker- Stitch
GCC - Yoshi
RCA - Polly
That really just depends on the individual, it's hard to say which species has the "sweetest disposition". More information on what you're looking for would be helpful. Just remember to visit before adoption, the bird you're about to adopt could be completely different from a "typical" bird of their species.

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
I hate the way most New Yorkers treat pigeons. A baby pigeon whos parents weaned him on my balcony was the reason I ended up with a parrot. I named the pigeon Skinny (cause he was) and I monitored his development every day. Pigeons are wonderful creatures, and deserve the same respect as all other birds :)

imbadatmakingusernames

Banned
Banned
Sep 26, 2013
Honolulu
Parrots
2 Budgies!
*Who hate people
I hate the way most New Yorkers treat pigeons. A baby pigeon whos parents weaned him on my balcony was the reason I ended up with a parrot. I named the pigeon Skinny (cause he was) and I monitored his development every day. Pigeons are wonderful creatures, and deserve the same respect as all other birds :)

My first option pet was a pigeon! (Indian fantailed)

Most Reactions