white front Amazon

kymani

Nov 4, 2012
Hi im a new parrot parent my Tj is 8yrs old i have had him for about 3 days now.now what i dont understand is that he will up command on a perch also he will allow me to feed him by hand but he want let me get close to him to use my hand as a human perch.he is free to come in and out of cage open at all times he will walk around the living room even walk in my lap.how can i gaon his trust so i can pet him and be a human perch also would toweling help or not:green1:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Welcome to the forum. It's all about trust. He doesn't trust you completely yet, It will take time and patience on your part to gain that trust. Toweling is about the fastest way to lose what trust you have built. Save the toweling for the vet if he needs to examine your bird. Have you tried having him step up to your hand when he's on the floor? That usually a good time to try, just quickly put him back on his cage. Don't punish him for stepping up by trying to cuddle or pet him, just show him you can be trusted to help him out in getting to where he wants to go. Read though some of the older threads in the amazon section and learn all you can. Lots of good parronts here who love to help so ask questions if you can't find the answers.

Most Reactions