Who is the more quiet bird?

bob1

Jul 21, 2013
California
Parrots
Chico the Cinnamon Green Conure and Malik the Congo African Grey
Trying to convince parents to get another bird sometime in the future. What bird is quieter bird? ECLECTUS or AFRICAN GREY?

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
A stuffed one would be the quietest...

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
TAG Spirit,RLA Danny,Senegal Damon, Parrotlet Opal, B&G Paris
My Grey can be vary quite, until he is not. Then the next ranch over knows I have a grey!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
The only bird you are able to control is a wind up or remote controlled one

Birds are like humans, sometimes quiet other times not, very unpredictable.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Sorry about that, let me get to the question here....Any bird CAN be quiet, it just varies from bird to bird. Both of my Eclectus are rather quiet birds, they talk and whistle more then anything else and say the darnest things that crack me up even when I'm in the next room over I can hear them chatter. I've never owned an African Grey but I have people tell me their greys are super quiet and they rather talk and make funny noises more then anything else like my Ekkies. People think with all the birds I have my house must be noisy, but it's not. They have their moments but mostly quiet over all.

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
TAG Spirit,RLA Danny,Senegal Damon, Parrotlet Opal, B&G Paris
I have 5 and my house only rocks from the noise in the morning and at sundown. The rest of the time its just once in awhile. Well until they have something to tell us, then it can get loud till they settle.

OP
bob1

bob1

Jul 21, 2013
California
Parrots
Chico the Cinnamon Green Conure and Malik the Congo African Grey
Thanks, my goal was to be able to pick Eclectus or Grey but I can't they both are at 50/50 :( I plan on getting both its just which one do I want now.

Most Reactions