Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty smells like flowers after a good scratch session. I like to think it's his happy smell.

jenster

Oct 19, 2014
Untied kingdom
Parrots
I have a yellow sided green cheek Conure named Charlie and Pineapple Conure named Lola.
Hahaha I'm laughing at this thread my lovely charlie also smells like wet dog after a shower also looks very strange hehe.. doesn't really smell of anything when dry would love it of he smelt fruity 😊

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I think we should all take pictures of our birds WETTTT!
That would be a good giggle all around.
The Rickeybird gets this patch of feathers that sticks out over his eyes... looks like a huge uni-brow!

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
I think I'm addicted to Mango's. ........smell?:54:
Mango is always getting real close to my nose when he snuggles. Is it weird that all my family love to bury their nose in Mango's neck and, um, sniff?!:30: Yep, bunch of weirdos here! Pretty sure the neighbors saw me sneaking a sniff Saturday! :eek:

Love the nutty, fruity scent he has. Today he even had a cinnamon smell too. I'm happy he's fine with me ( and everyone else) smelling him too! :)

After all, he's fascinated by people's faces. He has to get right up in them and stare!:D

Wonder how many "sniffing weirdos" are on here?;)

Funny you should say what you said because I said the exact same thing in the other "smelly" thread! Great minds think alike...or is it great noses!?

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
Wonder how many "sniffing weirdos" are on here?;)

Count me as one of those 'sniffing weirdos', too. :09: I could 'inhale' Amazon all day long, in fact I wish someone would market their scent - I :smile015: so much!

....I also like the smell of (my) wet dogs. Is that weird enough yet? :54:

I was with you all the way ...nodding with consent...until you got to the wet doggy part. Nope...I don't like wet dog...now newly cleaned dry dog I love!

dazg

Apr 18, 2016
Does anyones smell must? as Jasper does and its effecting my chest, any idea's on how I could change his smell?

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Dazg...

I doubt you could take away the smell, but I suppose you could get some advice from people here as to what you might put in bathwater... something non-toxic and good-smelling...

Another idea, which I got from my bird: I notice that when he preens after eating a fresh pepper, he smells like the pepper. If it's a sweet red pepper, that's nice. Hot serrano... not so much! So what treat could you offer that smells good?

dazg

Apr 18, 2016
Dazg...

I doubt you could take away the smell, but I suppose you could get some advice from people here as to what you might put in bathwater... something non-toxic and good-smelling...

Another idea, which I got from my bird: I notice that when he preens after eating a fresh pepper, he smells like the pepper. If it's a sweet red pepper, that's nice. Hot serrano... not so much! So what treat could you offer that smells good?

Thanks for that its just its setting my asthma od when researching I never saw one thing about them smelling musty. Just loats saying if you got asthma these are best birds to have. I will be gutted if I have to take him back to breeder and if the diet change doesnt work I will have no choice : (.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
What a horrific situation. I am so so SO sorry. I wish you all the luck in the world.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I have another suggestion. This is SUCH a critical thing... why not open a brand new thread and make the title something that will bring help your way like...

Re-homing Unless...

or

HELP with asthma...

dazg

Apr 18, 2016
I have another suggestion. This is SUCH a critical thing... why not open a brand new thread and make the title something that will bring help your way like...

Re-homing Unless...

or

HELP with asthma...

Good idea thanks!

Most Reactions