Worst Gift Ever!!!

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Yeah. That's a classic...

That's one of those deals. Gee, I feel guilty cuz they haven't had any new toes in awhile...

WHAT IS THAT THING DOING ON MY PERCH/IN MY CAGE. GET IT AWAY FROM ME!!!

Hey, where are you going with that box? You're not throwing that away are you? GIMME IT! THAT'S MINE!

I tend to make more toys than I buy, and by this point, I pretty much know which one likes to play with what. I tend to stick to a lot of the same stuff.

Even though it's kind of a rut.

Mark, is it possible Poppy lived with you at one time? Sometimes I think you know her better than I do! She does love her DIY toys, her phonebooks, and above all, those wonderful shipping boxes. Mine! Mine! Mine!

I could give the most hideous monkey head to my Sammy, no doubt he'd love it but that guy can get into trouble with any kind of toy. I gave him a SAFE bell, the SS tube so he can't reach the clapper, he promptly started boxing it and almost knocked himself unconscious when it hit back. He's one of those birds that needs to be watched with both hands.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
yeah. That's a classic...

That's one of those deals. Gee, i feel guilty cuz they haven't had any new toes in awhile...

What is that thing doing on my perch/in my cage. Get it away from me!!!

Hey, where are you going with that box? You're not throwing that away are you? Gimme it! That's mine!

I tend to make more toys than i buy, and by this point, i pretty much know which one likes to play with what. I tend to stick to a lot of the same stuff.

Even though it's kind of a rut.

mark, is it possible poppy lived with you at one time? Sometimes i think you know her better than i do! She does love her diy toys, her phonebooks, and above all, those wonderful shipping boxes. Mine! Mine! Mine!

I could give the most hideous monkey head to my sammy, no doubt he'd love it but that guy can get into trouble with any kind of toy. I gave him a safe bell, the ss tube so he can't reach the clapper, he promptly started boxing it and almost knocked himself unconscious when it hit back. He's one of those birds that needs to be watched with both hands.

i wasn't talking about poppy. I was talking about my birds... That's just a coincidence... (or not!) :d

yeah, when tusk was younger he had a habit of playing sooo hard with his toys (while hanging upside down like a bat), that he would knock himself senseless, and then fall and land on his head...

He also didn't aim well when landing. Never really got the hang of that slowing down to land stuff... He'd look for something like the bushes, or the couch, and crash land (face plant!) into it. Now that he's older it's less problematic...

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I knew you were talking about your birds, just happened to be an apt descripton of Poppy too. :)

Thanks, Mark! I sure hope Sammy get throught his childhood without too many scars, hopefully he will mellow a bit.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I knew you were talking about your birds, just happened to be an apt descripton of Poppy too. :)

Thanks, Mark! I sure hope Sammy get throught his childhood without too many scars, hopefully he will mellow a bit.

I know... I'm just saying. Hmmm... why does this sound so familiar?!

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
Rocky doesn't seem to know enough to consider whether a thing will hold his weight. He stepped up on the edge of a small basket last week, which of course tipped, sending him, basket and all to the floor. He can't fly, but apparently it didn't hurt him, because he came waddling around the table and back to me a moment later, pretending he'd meant to do exactly that. LOL Silly birds.

Mamaof3

Jan 25, 2016
Queens, NY
Parrots
Twix-Female Parakeet, Twizzle-male Parakeet, foster mommy to my mom's galah- Rosey
Lol... Those facial expressions are priceless!

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
WARNING! Graphic photo! Adult Content!

A little update on Poppy's messy relationship. She not only dropped her restraining order against Monkey Boy, she seems to have really fallen for him.

Is it hormone season again already?

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
ROTFL :18:!! I see his persistence has finally won her over haha. What's a single girl to do when such a handsome face is hanging around ALL THE TIME?

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahahahahaha! That was quite the turnaround! Miss Poppy was just playing hard to get!

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
Speechless. Just speechless. LOL

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Well there's another typical parrot behavior....

HOW DARE YOU DEFILE MY SPACE WITH THAT THING!

Followed shortly thereafter by "THAT'S MINE!"

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Good thing the head is disconnected from a body! Poppy can escape that mouth on a whim, and divebomb from above. Another reason for Poppy to take flying lessons!

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Scott, I don't know if it's the evil monkey or hormones or both but Poppy is acting strange even for a Too. Her eyes are glowing, and she's doing her best to take her swing down. She's as destructive as any Too but she has three things that I almost need a court order to clean, her guitar, her piano and her swing. I steam clean her swing while she's busy elsewhere. When I rearrange her perches, I move everything except the swing, the guitar and the piano.

I think she's taking flight lessons behind my back, I left her on her stand today for about three minutes, when I returned she was in a different room sitting on the balcony of her cage, she climbs pretty fast but not that fast.

Just when I think I can't know her any better....

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
LOL, Poppy may be taking unauthorized solo flights. Be on the lookout for errant feathers that fall off mid-flight!

I've heard parrots often bond with our faces. Perhaps her facial recognition skills leads her to believe monkey boy is an amorous target!? :confused:

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Maybe she charmed him with her music skills?

Most Reactions