You won't believe this!!!!.....

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I was on my computer tonight and saw this ad, clearly I thought the asking price was a mistake....I e-mailed the owner kindly indicating I thought it might have been a typo. this was the owners response back:

For privacy issues, and respect for the owner, I have omited the owners name, and changed the birds names...

she sent pics as well, I just can't wrap my brain around this!!
>>pictures are after her response<<

LOOK AT THE PRICE!!:eek::eek::eek:

Hello There'
Thanks for the interest and to our lovely birds, I still a pair Available for sale. They are known as Mary and John. To talk a bit about them, they are very playful and so funny, they talk and dance..they love repeating what ever people say. They love being outside. Also they have a very extended vocabulary, they say hello, what, cracker, Caesar, thank you, shut up and many more they are very eager to learn and play..They are very cute, their feathers are exquisite looking feathers and colors. They are not screamers, though they do have some loud moments, but that is normal and to be expected with a large bird. They love their showers, I put them on a ladder in the shower with me and let the warm water run over them. Their eyes just say it all, they love it! they love table scraps.Once you earn them trust you can hold them like a baby upside down and play with their feet, they'll love neck rubs or for you to help scratch the casing off their new feathers. They are 19 going to 20 months old months old with good temperament, DNA tested, Good with kids and other pets. Mary and John will cost you $1.999 Including their vet documents, their cage. I will like to ask you a few question, just to be sure on the kind of home you are offering to these birds, because my interest is more on the kind of home you have for these birds. So if you don't mind, would you please honestly answer the following questions below:

(1) What is your name?
(2) Where do you live?
(3) Are you a breeder ?
(4) Have you been keeping pets or Birds before ?
(5) Do you have a vet? What about your family and kids?
(6) Will you provide a loving home for the Birds ?
(7) When are you ready for the parrots ?
(8) Can you please tell me more you know about Birds and this Species especially ?

Sorry for all the Questions OK,I just Want to make sure Mary and John go to the best pet loving home ever. So if you don't mind, please get back to me with the answers to the questions above so that i can be sure on where my babies will be going into, then i will provide with with more information on how to get the pair from us. Attached to this email are their most recent pictures for you to view, i hope you will do love them . We hope to read from you soon.

ClarkampTamara_zpsc88e8378.jpg Photo by bmckellar735 | Photobucket

Tamara_zps480b39ff.jpg Photo by bmckellar735 | Photobucket

ClarkampTamara_zpsa7237150.jpg Photo by bmckellar735 | Photobucket

Last edited:

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
$1,999 ! This has to be some kind of scam! If not, I'll find the money somehow!

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
i am with plax, scam... you will be lucky if you can find a breeder pair for $7500 and even then you are looking bad blood and possible health issues... so there is no way at all. The last one i knew someone bought was $13500 for a female breeding age this was no male and the female was a great female. Most babies are sold $15000 and then breeder pairs atleast $10000 on a good day. dont mean to burst your bubble:(

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
I say make sure you meet that person and the birds in daylight and bring someone thats big and has a gun just to be safe as it could be a scam. If its not wow lucky you! They are gorgeous!!!

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just thought id add if you look at the pictures and the birds definitions individually they are all different birds;) the first picture the two have major stress bars and are in a pet store the second picture is a hyacinth that is a single in someones home and the third is a pair without any stress bars.. all different in many others ways then this to

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
too many scams out there :(

I should have guessed....geeeez

Most Reactions