Your Dream FLOCK...

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
I had to think about this question for a day or so before responding. If I didn't have to worry about space or anything then I believe my dream flock would consist of a scarlet macaw, a caquie, a umbrella 'too, Goffin's 'too, a bronzed winged pionus, a wc pionus (getting :D), and a pair of Ekkies (just love the coloring)..maybe a couple of lovebirds to :)

JuliaDG

Jan 17, 2012
Maryland
Parrots
TAG
white-capped Pionus
2 linnies
1 CBC
Well, I've got an AG, a Pi, and a linnie. Now all I need is a CBC, a few more linnies, and maybe a Meyer's? Maybe a Dusky Pi?

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
My dream flock doesn't include anything really exotic or unusual. Start with Ralph, the Quaker now in residence, and add an Amazon of some type, an African Grey (either CAG or TAG), and Eclectus (of either sex) and perhaps a Hahn's Macaw. Those at least are at the top of my list of Parrots I'd Like to Have Someday; the list goes on from there, and there aren't many parrots that aren't on the list-- they're all fascinating to me. :)

Aren't all (or almost all) parrots exotic? :)

Well, yes-- but some are more exotic than others. A Hyacinth Macaw or Palm Cockatoo are really exotic-- where a parrot like a Budgie or Cockatiel is less so, simply because there are more of them around, and they're easy to obtain. :)

OP
HumanWings

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
I am currently parrotless but hope to be owned by a parrot in the next few months. :-)
Dream Flocks can be anything you want them to be. If there wasn't a reason in the world why you couldn't have a particular bird what would you have?

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
I'm happy with just my senegal. Sure, there are other bird's I'd love to have, but I am a fairly busy person (full time job, and I'm 20 and have a decent social life). I always put Pixel first in my schedule; I'll turn down plans if it means she won't get her fair share of my attention that day, that or I invite people over and have her with us while we visit (my friends all love her so that's a perk). But, I quite frankly do not have time for another bird. Wouldn't be fair to Pixel.

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
This probably sounds corny, but I already have my dream flock. In fact I have more than I dreamed of. When I was a kid I always wanted a parrot but never got one. I have made up for it now. I feel very fortunate about my flock. They are the best fids ever!! And my flock is complete. (my last blue crown conure completed it)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I would want a additional galah who is under a year old and male, and either a yellow dominant Camelot macaw(named Fuego) or a blue throat macaw(named Tardis).

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
My dream flock would have to be...a flock of tame ravens that I could free flight. Yes!!
My friends dad has a raven he free flies, it's awesome to watch him explore. Unfortunately a few months ago he got chased of by wild ravens in a new area and he hasn't been found yet. They think someone has taken him in since he is imprinted and has leg bands plus jesses'. Also he was well trained, and flew every single day when the hawks and falcons where getting a break.

I really hope he gets home eventually :(

Here's his pic

raven_2_by_copperarabian-d3giwil.jpg

raven_portrait_by_copperarabian-d3givjz.jpg

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
My dream flock would have to be...a flock of tame ravens that I could free flight. Yes!!
My friends dad has a raven he free flies, it's awesome to watch him explore. Unfortunately a few months ago he got chased of by wild ravens in a new area and he hasn't been found yet. They think someone has taken him in since he is imprinted and has leg bands plus jesses'. Also he was well trained, and flew every single day when the hawks and falcons where getting a break.

Here's his pic

raven_2_by_copperarabian-d3giwil.jpg

raven_portrait_by_copperarabian-d3givjz.jpg

Oh no! I hope he makes it home ok, also! Ravens in our area leave Amigo alone. At first, they were actually very curious about him but not aggressive. The white boy in the black neighborhood!! He's made friends and the ravens will cluck to him when they fly by. I've seen them together on the same limb in a tree, Amigo saying 'hi there' and the raven giving him his/her gluck/gluck noise.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels

Here's his pic

Oh no! I hope he makes it home ok, also! Ravens in our area leave Amigo alone. At first, they were actually very curious about him but not aggressive. The white boy in the black neighborhood!! He's made friends and the ravens will cluck to him when they fly by. I've seen them together on the same limb in a tree, Amigo saying 'hi there' and the raven giving him his/her gluck/gluck noise.

My friends raven would play with some wild ravens, they would fly around and chase each other in a friendly manner. He was a awesome powerful flier.

OP
HumanWings

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
I am currently parrotless but hope to be owned by a parrot in the next few months. :-)

Here's his pic

Im sorry he's gone. Hopefully someone will find him and look for the owner.

OP
HumanWings

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
I'm happy with just my senegal. Sure, there are other bird's I'd love to have, but I am a fairly busy person (full time job, and I'm 20 and have a decent social life). I always put Pixel first in my schedule; I'll turn down plans if it means she won't get her fair share of my attention that day, that or I invite people over and have her with us while we visit (my friends all love her so that's a perk). But, I quite frankly do not have time for another bird. Wouldn't be fair to Pixel.

I think it's great you make your bird such a priority when you could be spending your time doing other things.

The whole point of a dream flock is that if all the circumstances were right (meaning nothing standing in your way; money, time or otherwise) this is what you would have. No one can say for sure weather it will ever happen because life changes so much.

If your dream 'flock' consists of one bird than that is fine. I just wanted to tell you the point of this thread is that time wouldn't be an issue for you. :D

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
My dream flock would consist of more Goffins of course , lolol.
My favorite of them all is my Goffins Yoshi. He would be king :)
My Orr would be a macaw , either my Hyacinth ( still considering in real life )
Or a Greenwing or Catalina . That would be about it , maybe a Yellow Nape amazon and a Citron for my hubby :)

Great post ! Lots of fun and it's nice to dream :)
Thanks

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011

I think it's great you make your bird such a priority when you could be spending your time doing other things.

The whole point of a dream flock is that if all the circumstances were right (meaning nothing standing in your way; money, time or otherwise) this is what you would have. No one can say for sure weather it will ever happen because life changes so much.

If your dream 'flock' consists of one bird than that is fine. I just wanted to tell you the point of this thread is that time wouldn't be an issue for you. :D

Yeah, I know. But day dreaming is bad for my self control :p. Though, honestly, I've always thought having a raven would be incredibly cool. They're such amazingly intelligent birds. Or an eclectus... or a CAG, maybe a hahns. Okay, must stop now.

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
It took me a bit to think about it and even though I always comment about not wanting any Toos my flock would be an M2 (current), RB2, and a black palm. I used to want GWs and CAGs but I think my cheese has completely slid off my cracker. My list is all Toos, definitely a mark of insanity. :20:

Shade

Sep 27, 2011
Canada
Parrots
Piper - Peachface Lovebird;
Shade - Senegal Parrot;
Joey & Pixel - Red-bellied Parrots;
Petey & Zuri - Meyer's Parrots;
Léa - Cape Parrot
I have my dream flock, the addition of my Cape completed it. :)

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)
I know this thread is kinda old but i was thinking of starting a thread like this but i checked to see if there was already one:) So ill bring it back to life lol! my dream flock would be a sun conure, a greenwing macaw, and either a rose-breasted too or a goffins! maybe both:) thats enough for me! lol im gonna start on it soon with a baby sun conure:) CAN'T WAIT!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
but I think my cheese has completely slid off my cracker.

ROFLMAO :):):)

Most Reactions

Latest posts