3 day Vacation

Joeypac

Jan 17, 2024
Parrots
Sun Conure
Hello 👋🏻
I have a 5 year old Sun Conure.
I have a 3 day vacation starting this Tuesday. The person who was meant to take care of my bird became very ill. I have run out of people to ask to take care of her. My next option is boarding. Does anyone have any input on the experience of boarding a bird?

Check the local avian vets for their recommendations. I used a reputable one here for 4 days. Other then Salty being pissed off at me for a day or 2, no worries. Make sure to tell your bird how many days you will be gone and show him with fingers or something. Makes a big difference, trust me.

I had to board Phoenix at the shop I got him from for a week. As mentioned tell your fid how many days you will be away. Upon my return he was just a little fireball, had to be on me at all times for a couple days, otherwise all was well. Take in the food you feed normally and tell them the times you feed, since pet birds are so set into their routines, they should try to replicate this as much as possible.
20201122_103441.jpg

Thank you all for the help! It went smoothly. She was a little angry at first as to be expected but she warmed up pretty quick! Thank you again for the big help!

I had to board Phoenix at the shop I got him from for a week. As mentioned tell your fid how many days you will be away. Upon my return he was just a little fireball, had to be on me at all times for a couple days, otherwise all was well. Take in the food you feed normally and tell them the times you feed, since pet birds are so set into their routines, they should try to replicate this as much as possible.
View attachment 58793phoenix is adorable!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back