4 week old lovebird don't cry for food

Nyks09

Dec 10, 2023
Parrots
Lovebird, Budgie
I am handfeeding 4 week old lovebird don't cry for food. I am taking care of my baby for 4 days. He/she never chirps and never cry for food even when he is hungry. İs it normal? He/she lets me pet him but never chirps.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I am handfeeding 4 week old lovebird don't cry for food. I am taking care of my baby for 4 days. He/she never chirps and never cry for food even when he is hungry. İs it normal? He/she lets me pet him but never chirps.
Does she eat well? How much formula is she taking at each feeding? How many times a day?

OP
N

Nyks09

Dec 10, 2023
Parrots
Lovebird, Budgie
Does she eat well? How much formula is she taking at each feeding? How many times a day?
First day she didnt eat well but foe few days she is eating 5 to 6 cc. Breeding wasnt sure 4 or 5 weeks old it is so I guessed 4 weeks old so I feed it every 4 to 5 hours. Depending how well she eat it. But now I need to make sure she or he is 4 or 5 weeks old. Becouse its been a week. Can you tell me it is 4 or 5 weeks old now.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
First day she didnt eat well but foe few days she is eating 5 to 6 cc. Breeding wasnt sure 4 or 5 weeks old it is so I guessed 4 weeks old so I feed it every 4 to 5 hours. Depending how well she eat it. But now I need to make sure she or he is 4 or 5 weeks old. Becouse its been a week. Can you tell me it is 4 or 5 weeks old now.
Make sure the baby gets fed whenever it is hungry. That's what the parent birds. Don't worry about a feeding schedule.
The baby in the picture looks at least 4-5 weeks old because it has a full covering of feathers.

Most Reactions

Latest posts