7 month electus

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
Hi my electus parrot is 7 months and she is still trying to feed from me even though i got her from breeder at 4 months and they said she was weaned she was 295g when i got her and know 302g but i don't have best scale for parrots she is eating vegetables fruit frozen fresh i leave her morning food in all day utill 3 and then change it too fruit at 3 and she had seed night time. She is super cuddle and vocal when i walk in the room is that normal for her age Resized_20220106_192656.jpeg

Attachments

• 20220317_200930.jpg
    20220317_200930.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 20220218_164751.jpg
    20220218_164751.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 77

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Hi there, and welcome. You have a beautiful eclectus parrot. Feel free to ask any questions. This forum has many experienced parrot owners.

OP
Miamax10

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
Is normal for 7 months ekkie not eat much she gains weight but it doesn't look like she eat much when i take away food at end of meal time

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
My ekkie Nico gets his cookies, and birdie bread as he has to take medications. This is in the morning & evening. It's a little 1 inch square. He is offered pellets twice through out the day. I give him about a 1/2 tablespoon each time (he has roudy bush that his vet prescribed to him). I mix in his powder gut flora stuff in his pellets. A lot of times he will stick his pellets in his water. I've made chop for Nico he either temporarily eats it, and then refuses it, or he just plain refuses it. I just bought the bird tricks seasonal feeding system. I'm waiting for some of the ingredients to come in the mail, and then i'll make him a batch of that for his chop. For now I am just giving Nico fresh carrots, and celery once during the day. I leave it in his bowl for a few hours. If he doesn't eat it I just throw it away. I shared some salmon with Nico a few days ago. He also once in awhile gets chicken, eggs, and some protein. He loved salmon!!! I do not season his stuff as I am not sure if he could be harmed by seasoning or not.

I do my best to give Nico a variety diet that consists of everything. There are days that he doesn't eat much which is rare. He usually snacks on his food all day long. I only give him almond slivers, and chopped pecans as treats when he is training, or for good behavior.

I think everyone does things a little different for their Ekkie's for a diet with the same goal in mind. Have you brought your Ekkie to her first vet appointment yet? Vets are a good resource to get you started on your ekkie. Another person to keep a good relationship with is the breeder where you got your ekkie for weaning purposes, and where your ekkie should be at for weight. I hope something in here helps.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Hello and welcome to you and your beautiful ekkie.

Wonderful to hear you are tracking weight!! Very smart.

We have lots of experienced ekkie owners here , I'm sure they will find your thread.

As a species ekkie are so prone to feather destruction behavior. I see signs of over preening in your lovely lady. That can progress to plucking. Its a very complex issue.

But to start with covering all the basics. Getting a veterinarian evaluation to rule out health issues. Moving the cage off the floor to a table or stand, and upgrade to a larger cage when you can. As much out of cage time as possible
Plenty of shreddables and chewable offered. And a good diet. Chris has a nice thread I will link.

Gary Davis

Feb 19, 2023
Media
Parrots
African grays (Congo),Solomon Island Eclectus'
Hi my electus parrot is 7 months and she is still trying to feed from me even though i got her from breeder at 4 months and they said she was weaned she was 295g when i got her and know 302g but i don't have best scale for parrots she is eating vegetables fruit frozen fresh i leave her morning food in all day utill 3 and then change it too fruit at 3 and she had seed night time. She is super cuddle and vocal when i walk in the room is that normal for her ageView attachment 37952
Your female eclectus is very beautiful, I take it she is a Solomon Island. I feed my eclectus Birds fresh fruit and vegetables in the morning and at night I use zupreme pure fun and mix it up with other similar varieties to give them a choice if that helps any, good luck.

OP
Miamax10

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
Hi my baby has seed at night and veg in morning

Attachments

• 20230211_174347.jpg
    20230211_174347.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 32
OP