A little bit weird...

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
Astro - violet yellow face budgie (juvenile male)
A few nights ago I was looking for cages for my soon-to-be budgie. I found a nice 30 x 18 white cage on a website that had it for $30. I filled in all my details in the checkout then went to pay but realised my debit card wasn't Paypal and couldn't pay online. Shrugging it off, I decided I'd get my mother to pay for it then I'd reimburse her, so I clicked out of the website. To my surprise, a day later I got an email notification about an email classified as 'junk'. So I previewed the email and it was a lady from customer support from the website! The subject was my receipt! And she said that it was high in demand so it may take a while! But the thing is...I never paid or even committed to purchasing this cage! And now its coming in the mail??!?! In a frantic, panicking state, I tried to restore the email so I could reply (my fingers clicking at 100/mph :LOL:),I accidently deleted the email! Now I cant get it back, reply or anything!
I don't think it is a scam, it is a reliable website with many customers: http://gabalda.com/product/finch-pa...al-bird-cage-flight-cage-30-by-18-by-18-inch/

I'm not too sure what to do now. I told my mother about it but she didn't make much of it. So, I have two options:

1. Let time pass and see if it turns up in the mail, when it does there will probably be a bill I have to pay attached, and I'll pay that and all if fine.
2. Since I'm not totally 100% if this cage will actually turn up (because I didn't even pay for it), I'll order a similar cage, get my mother to pay for it, reimburse her and if that other cage turns up, since I haven't even paid for it, I'll just send it back to where it came from with a note attached or something (no harm done!).
But what should I do?! It's kind of freaking me out.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Are you able to contact your bank or credit card company and file a dispute or even stop payment through them? I had a similar issue once with an online purchase - good news was the payment was stopped, bad news was they had to give me a brand new card and had to update all my direct debits etc, but the bank said at the time it was the only way to stop the payment. But it might be worth talking to your bank/card company?

OP
Budgie_Addicted

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
Are you able to contact your bank or credit card company and file a dispute or even stop payment through them? I had a similar issue once with an online purchase - good news was the payment was stopped, bad news was they had to give me a brand new card and had to update all my direct debits etc, but the bank said at the time it was the only way to stop the payment. But it might be worth talking to your bank/card company?
Well, I didn't give them any card details, only shipping ones such as address, name, email, etc. So I'm not sure

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Good news that you're not out of pocket up front then. Cannot say that I'm familiar with that website to be perfectly honest, maybe the email you got was an automated response that occurs when a transaction reaches a certain point in their system? I doubt that they would send you the merchandise without payment being confirmed. Can't be certain about that though - stranger things have happened.

OP
Budgie_Addicted

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
Good news that you're not out of pocket up front then. Cannot say that I'm familiar with that website to be perfectly honest, maybe the email you got was an automated response that occurs when a transaction reaches a certain point in their system? I doubt that they would send you the merchandise without payment being confirmed. Can't be certain about that though - stranger things have happened.
True. They said that the cage is high in demand blah blah blah, usual shipping days take something to something days. But its just concerning the subject was 'Order receipt 25th September'. I've made up my decision I think... Me and my sister are ordering our cages this evening (me, ordering a identical but cheaper cage to the one before, because I found the exact same one on the exact same site, just a different brand and $24, not $30! 😁 ). Whichever cage arrives first I'll use. If a second one comes, I'll just send it back. Hopefully only one arrives...🤞

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I hope that the cage is suitable for your needs when it arrives, whichever one it turns out to be!

OP
Budgie_Addicted

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
i hope your cage arrives and everything gets fixed
interseted in what mutation your planning to get
Thanks!
Rainbow:
1632824968894.png

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Hi! My searches say, run! Don’t look back! Many upset folks!
often, when it looks too good to be true…….

and,

OP
Budgie_Addicted

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
Hi! My searches say, run! Don’t look back! Many upset folks!
often, when it looks too good to be true…….

and,
God bless, thank you so much. This has got me 99% sure its a scam website. Luckily, me and my sister didn't have time to order our cages last night. Life saver. That website is a scam!

Most Reactions

Latest posts