A place to write your favorite quotes

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
First thanks to terry57 because I got the idea from the Terrys thread -my shay butter- I love quotes I am a big fan of quotes I always read them I feel quotes touch the heart more or are more meaningful than sentences like "I am so sorry for your loss" or in the other situation like "always keep going for your dreams" etc I am not saying they aren't meaningful I am saying that quotes are more meaningful and touching of the heart than them for me they really are amazing and meaningful quotes keeps me going my favorite quote ahh.. wait I mean one of my fav quotes because I just can't chose one of them all of them are so good its says
"Don't be sad it didn't last be happy that it happened"
I will share plenty more of my favs tomorrow
and please share your fav quotes here too

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a fantastic idea for a thread!! The quote you posted her4e and in Shay's thread is so spot on, and comforting.

One of my favourite quotes is " Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
We used that on our wedding programs, and that day truly took my breath away:)

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
" Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Wow that's such a a a idk just so meaningful I love it it's amazing ok i will be honest i kinda didn't understand explain, please?

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
This is one of my faves it says
"The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest."

it's so beautiful being forgetful is very kind to other people and is good for mental health and also forgetting is very good for mental health too I think I am not brave I am always shy when I apologize so it takes me ages to apologize, I am the type of person that forgives the first but I can't forget I will forget what they did or say but I will never forget how they made me feel.

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
I think every hour I will post a quote when i am awake so this is one of my favs it's about being grateful
it says
"Count your rainbows not your thunderstorms"

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
I love that i also have another quote that Albert Einstein said that i read today
"Play is the Highest Form of Research" - Albert Einstein

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow that's such a a a idk just so meaningful I love it it's amazing ok i will be honest i kinda didn't understand explain, please?
I think this quote may mean different things to different people. What it means to me is some people live their lives just doing the day to day drudge, always thinking about the things they would like to do someday but never do them.
The breaths that mean the most are the memories we make that stick with us. And it doesn't have to be big memories like a vacation, or a wedding. They can be something as small as kind words said to you that you remember.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
This quote... it's so relatable... I'm gonna share something a bit personal.

I always apologize to people- even if they say I don't have to. I care so much about other people's emotions, that I'd rather hurt myself than someone else. I always take responsibility for my actions. If I notice I hurt someone, or did something unacceptable I will apologise and not make excuses.

And the second one... I've faced a ot of pain. I've experienced people hurting me , bullying me, calling me names... it hurts. And it took years to finally let go. I did forgive those people, but it still did(and does) hurt. I still have my days where I feel the pain again. But.. if I'm gonna be angry with them and sit in the corner and be depressed, what is that going to help? You can't hold on to everything. Like I said, it took YEARS for me to let go of it and move on, so do it when you're ready.

You shouldn't block negative emotions, though. Sadness, anger, fear, grief.. they're all normal emotions. It's ok to cry, it's ok to grieve, it's ok to be scared, and it's ok to be angry.. but don't let it take over your life. Just don't make yourself depressed, or be angry at everyone. It'll do more harm than good.

Be happy when it's good, but if you feel hurt, it's ok to feel sad.

The third one... I also took a long time to forget about everything everyone has said to me. I used to remember it like I was experiencing it. Now I've forgotten a lot.

Sorry if I went far off-topic, I just wanted to share that... if you want me to remove it that's ok :)
Pipp, this is so profound. There was someone in my life who did terrible things to me and caused me much pain for many years. She died the other day, and I felt a weight lift and all I felt was sorrow for those who loved her.
My anger towards her was actually a physical thing as well as emotional.

It reminded me of this quote:

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I love this thread so far! Okay, one of my favorites:

"If I only knew what I know today,
but hindsight is foresight that happens too late."
-Tower of Power

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
" May your joy be as deep as the ocean and your sorrows as light as the foam "

" smooth seas never made for a skillful sailor " its our mistakes and challenges that often lead to the most growth

" I must be a mermaid, for I have no fear of diving deep"

SALT WATER is the cure,
Be it sweat, tears, or the sea

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
Wow, all those quotes are beautiful thanks for sharing them!!!

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
I read this one just now ahh so true
"Don't raise your voice, improve your argument"-Desmond Tutu

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
"Focus on the journey, not the destination.
Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it."
~Greg Anderson

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Just saw this in my FB memories:

"You don't get another life like this one.
You will never again experience the world as in this set of circumstances
with these parents, children, and families.
You will never have quite this set of friends again.
You will never experience the earth with all of its wonders in this time again.
Don't wait for one last look at the ocean, the sky, the stars, or a loved one. GO LOOK NOW."
~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Most Reactions