A place to write your favorite quotes

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Here's a few of my favorite quotes that I can think of at the moment... funny how many of them are from movies and books. :)

"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
-Gandalf the Grey (J.R.R. Tolkien)
(Probably inspired by Voltaire)
"You have no control over the hand that life deals you, but how you play that hand is up to you."
-Voltaire

Many of my favorite quotes were said by Yoda... not sure who actually wrote the script...
"Do or Do Not, there is no try"
"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

"If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?" – Shantideva

"If you are not happy at this moment, for what moment are you waiting?"
-Not sure who said this, a friend of mine wrote a song to these words which she said was a quote from someone

"You will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom! I hope you will make a good use of it."
-John Adams

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed."
-Mark Twain

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Wow all of these quotes are heart-touching really thanks a lot for sharing them and I'm getting more quote knowledge from you guys so really thanks.

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Just found this one its about being different it says
"If all the colors were the same there wouldn't be a rainbow"

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
There are so many quotes I haven't heard before, and I am loving it!

"Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers."
~Garth Brooks

"I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done."
~Lucille Ball

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
Just found this one and just wow its says
"Nothing is impossible the word itself says -I'm possible-Audrey Hepburn

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
Ah one of my favs it says
'Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift."
did I say it here already?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Late to the party lol 😅

"If you're nothing without the suit then you shouldn't have it. " -Ironman

"You become forever responsible for what you have tamed."

"Asgard isn't a place, it's a people." -Thor

All the ones I can think of right now, yes I'm an MCU fan.

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
I made a quote it is " Good luck is bad luck in disguise" it means there is good in everything in every single bad situation there's good in it, so if a situation seems bad it's actually just Good luck is bad luck in disguise

And another on is(i made up to) " the disease, evil, has one cure it is to be kind to it, just like how water extinguishes fire"

Made the quotes when i was watching a drama series with my family.

OgY

Aug 1, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
Eastern Rosella
1. I neither forgave nor forgot - I endured.

2. There are no defeats in life - only lessons and victories.

3. You can always find what you are not looking for.

and my leid- motive of behavior- Living the dream as if I'm a little girl again.

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
“All the Best Things in Life! Live on the other side of Fear!”

"Fear is an overrated emotion as it provides nothing in solving what causes it!"

Author unknown

The terms anxious and nervous can be switched with the term fear as they all are terms that define simply not choosing between flight or fight.

Last edited:

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
"SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
-Jasper

Ok fine, here's an actual quote"
"If you have the ability to love, love yourself first."
-Charles Bukowski

Lulu10766

Dec 29, 2022
Parrots
1 Parakeet
I have a quote that I live by! A good friend said it to me when I needed to hear it. :)

'' Everything is a risk, and it's up to you to decide whether that risk is worth it or not. ''

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
Wow, what a beautiful quote, there is a quote similar I heard on tv which says "Risk nothing, gain nothing"

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
What a fantastic idea for a thread!! The quote you posted her4e and in Shay's thread is so spot on, and comforting.

One of my favourite quotes is " Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
We used that on our wedding programs, and that day truly took my breath away:)
I came to read this thread again and then i read your reply again and now i understand what the quote means.

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
I
I came to read this thread again and then i read your reply again and now i understand what the quote means.
I guess life taught me.

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
'Friends are chosen family".

Most Reactions

Latest posts