Adrian update!

a_osborne

Feb 17, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Eva
Lutino Indian Ringneck - Adrian
Blue head pionus - Milo
I am very pleased to say that I've made (what I feel to be) great progress with Adrian today! Today was her first full day with us. I noticed her eating a lot more from her food dish, climbing around a little more, and taking notice of some of her toys. She really loves her millet! She's hand feeding twice a day and both feedings went well today, the evening feeding was better than morning. Adrian stepped up for me when I had a cloth on my hand and, while perched on my hand, allowed me to pet her with my other hand which was bare. She let me pet her head and scratch her neck a little plus she also seems to enjoy having her beak rubbed through the cage. She'll meet my finger wherever it is and put her beak right out for a pet. I'm so thrilled even though I know it's still a long road ahead. Can't wait to hear what you all think!
10488205_10204379882080026_2880913233079668793_n.jpg

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Sounds great! You'll have a very friendly socialized IRN! Since the species is known for being hands off, and going wild easier than many other species, that's a good sign :). It's so much easier to train and socialize while they're still young.
For example, my young boy Griffin is a Poicephalus, and mature Poi's really don't like other birds, but I socialized him to my Pionus right away at 3 1/2 months old, so now they're buddies. I think you'll do just fine with Adrian. Keep us updated!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Very nice progress, especially so soon after bringing her home. Super cute photo, looks like she's posing for the camera.

OP
a_osborne

a_osborne

Feb 17, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Eva
Lutino Indian Ringneck - Adrian
Blue head pionus - Milo
@RavensGryf, that is encouraging! I will continue to update on progress.
@Allee, it did look like she was posing! I was glad I caught that one :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts