Advice! Baby constantly screeching!

Chor22

Dec 2, 2012
Hi all,

So we have a baby Alex who has now been tested and is female :)

She's now 9 weeks old and still on two baby feeds per day although that's a struggle because she doesn't really want to be fed anymore. She's eating bits and pieces of seed, pellets and fruit and veg although not alot (in my opinion) which is why i've kept up the two feeds.

She is CONSTANTLY screeching, you know the one...the high pitched shrill screeching. She does bob her head occasionally so I assumed she was hungry, begging for food so I've kept up the baby feeds but that is not helping. If you play with her and hold her etc, she STILL does it, so it doesn't appear to be for attention or affection. It's driving me insane. We have two other babies here at the moment, Ecky's and it also appears to be driving them a little insane.

HELP! I don't know what to do. I hoped it was a phase and she'll grow out of it but if anything, it's just getting worse. She's been doing it for probably 1 - 2 weeks now.

I have had Alex's before, never had this sort of noise problem although I've not had them from babies before either...

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
alexandrines : Oxy, Bruno, prince (was princess)
my baby did that too. you mind that she actually is still hungry. you might find that she is trying to wean and doesnt really want the baby food, thats why she not taking much of it. you said she appears to be eating on her own, but not much?? although it appears she is eating, she must just be trying things, is there lots of food in bottom of her cage? what i advise is to try her on a heap of diiferent foods till you find something that she really likes. i found oxy enjoyed fresh corn on the cob and grapes. once he started eating those, the screeching lessened and he nowceats more.

congratulations on your baby girl and good luck.

Most Reactions