Am I the only one...

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
Am I the only one who reads bedtime stories?

GIunpcB.jpg

Last edited:

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Reading to birdies is supposed to be good for them! I have not tried reading them bedtime stories, but, I do sing them lullabies.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
awwww.....
I dont do bedtime .
But I do nursery rhymes , and have them watch toddler cartoons and counting, abc , videos

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Looks like you have a Orange Wing Amazon hiding back there.

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
Bedtime stories, lullabies, nursery rhymes? Not since my son out grew them. And yes, I even sang, by request.

Any chance current events, motorsports, historical documents would fit the bill?

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I used to sing all of the obnoxious "Learning Station" songs with Noodles (on Youtube)--- that was her bedtime routine for many years and it worked lol! I stopped doing it a few years ago, but she still gets excited when she hears them. This was one of the original bedtime routine songs lol! [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-rg7EIt1x4"]Herman the Worm ♫ Camp Songs for Children ♫ Kids Brain Breaks Songs by The Learning Station - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
FYI- I also used to read from Pride and Prejudice when Noodles was first getting use to my home LOL! Sometimes with accents etc. lol! That was really early on, but I think she liked hearing my cadence etc.

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Lol I don't do any of this! I count out their toes sometimes, lol. At night I say goodnight to Freedom in a particular tone. She gets excited and whistles and makes kissy noises as I cover her cage. I say goodnight to Alex, say goodnight to Robin and Fish. The other budgies are mostly not tame, but they love to shout over me when I am in the bird room talking to them. Freedom sometimes gets jealous if I say goodnight to the birdroom before I say goodnight to her..

Boomer still hates us, so covering his cage is done slowly and carefully while speaking softly saying goodnight.

Rin we have to convince to go to bed, little whippersnapper wants to be up all night singing and dancing like any young adult male.

Hima it is always a struggle and I am always the bad guy. -.- Hubbs never wants to put her to bed so I always have to be the one to put my foot down and say no, it is time she goes to bed or she will get hormonal and that could be big trouble for a flatbird if she tries to lay an egg. Those two just want to stay up all night watching tv or playing video games lol. We don't usually cover Hima, but I figure her being back in her cage by a certain time and left alone to sleep is still a good idea. Tho she naps on us a lot during the day.

OP
Littleredbeak

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I just started and they all seem to really to enjoy it :)

Last edited:
OP
Littleredbeak

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
imagine doing it (with hand motions) nightly!!!LOLLLLL!!! I used to just recycle all of my work stuff with Noodles because she was cognitively at the same level as my kids! Now that I am HS, it's less fun lol!

Most Reactions