Any Aussies here?

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Females, Lutino Indian Ringneck Missy and Silver Lavender IRN Gracie.
Hi all. As life gets more difficult I may have to sell/rehome my girls. My rent has just gone up exorbitantly, and as I am on disability it's becoming a struggle. I'm trying to continue but I know there will come that time that I will have to decide what stays and what goes.
My question is, in Australia, I am in Tasmania, where do parrot owners that are selling and I guess buying go? Is there a better place than just the local rag?
Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Attachments

• Ro2EWTEs.jpg
    Ro2EWTEs.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 55

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh MissMac, I'm very sorry to hear that you may need to rehome your girls, and I know you will not have been able to come to this decision lightly. Unfortunately parrot rescue organisations are not as common here in Australia as in other parts of the world, the one big one that I know of is/was www.parrotrescue.com but they seem not be taking any more in at present, though you could certainly keep an eye on them in case that changes, or perhaps they could help you with a contact in Tasmania. There's also www.petlink.com.au and www.gumtree.com.au, there are any number of genuine adopters willing to give loving homes there, but obviously you will need to tread very carefully. And I believe you could also surrender them to the RSPCA as well if it became necessary.

I hope that it doesn't come to pass that you need to rehome, I know how painful it is, but should it happen I wish you every success 🙏

Most Reactions

Latest posts