Anyone here watch Svengoolie?

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
When we first set up the free tv, we were scrolling thru the channels and found an old fat guy in a doofy costume and makeup making bad jokes and playing with rubber chickens before and after commercials around an old movie. The channel icon said, " MeTV", so we assumed it was public access and had ourselfs a chuckle at the silly local nerd. Since then we have started watching it every week(along with Buck Rodgers and Lost in Space), and have slowly but surely come to the realization that this show is pretty darn popular. Not public access at all, Sven has been on the air for more than 40 years! The channel is available on sattellite and other ways of getting TV, too! Just curious if anyone here knows about it. He plays really good, classic, or low budget sci/fi / horror / monster movies and makes *really* corney jokes at the bumpers. I mean, mega dad joke tier. Real groaners, but some are laugh out loud funny. It has become something we really look forward to, every Saturday night we make a fun finger food dinner and watch an old movie with bad jokes thrown in, followed by classic scifi shows(star trek, journey to the bottom of the sea, etc are also on the network Sat nights, but we usually watch Buck Rodgers, Lost in Space, and Sven only). Ahh, it's great... some weeks I can even group text my extended family and talk them into watching. It is good fun. :)

"And remember...... NO PERSONAL CHECKS!!!" :D:p

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Can't say that I have... The TV tends to be background, especially as the 'intermissions' have become ever near continuous.

Last edited:
OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Intermissions? You mean commercial breaks? With Sven it seems to be infrequent breaks and they are annoyingly short. So short you can't do anything during them! You get up to do anything at all and next thing you know, your husband shouts from the other room that it is back.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I've seen Sven quite a few times,and yes,he has been on the tube for ages. Corny jokes and usually outrageously stupid movies (JMHO) Entertainment at its finest! :rolleyes:

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts