Are Patagonian Conure x Blue-headed Pionus Hybrids Possible?

Nosari Viper

Nov 13, 2022
Parrots
I donā€™t have any, but I am looking to get one.
Are Patagonian Conure x Blue-headed Pionus Hybrids Possible, also are Patagonian Conure x Hyacinth Macaw Hybrids Possible?

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
It would most likely not produce viable offspring. And if offspring were to hatch they'd be incredibly unhealthy and likely not live long.

OP
N

Nosari Viper

Nov 13, 2022
Parrots
It would most likely not produce viable offspring. And if offspring were to hatch they'd be incredibly unhealthy and likely not live long.
Thank You Owlet for telling me

OP
N

Nosari Viper

Nov 13, 2022
Parrots
How about a Blue-naped Parrot x Red-winged Parrot Hybrid would that be Possible?

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
How about a Blue-naped Parrot x Red-winged Parrot Hybrid would that be Possible?
Look man, all your posts have been about hybrid birds and you get the same answer everytime. There is a slim possibility that ANY bird can hybridize. But it is very unlikely that hybrids between birds of such different branches of evolution would produce viable offspring. And even if they did manage to hatch eggs against all odds, the chicks would be short lived and in their short time on this planet they would likely just suffer.

There is no reason to hybridize birds. It brings no benefits other than talking rights, "creator claims" and other frivolous things. Hybridizing is very very rarely to the benefit of the animals being mixed.

Apr 3, 2023
United Kingdom, England, Cheshire
Parrots
Budgies:
Makisig (4/11/2020)
Mayumi (4/11/2020-1/4/2023) Best friend of me and Makisig, our sibling, the one we cherished. Please fly high for us and donā€™t stop at nothing ā™„ļøā™„ļøā™„ļø
Look man, all your posts have been about hybrid birds and you get the same answer everytime. There is a slim possibility that ANY bird can hybridize. But it is very unlikely that hybrids between birds of such different branches of evolution would produce viable offspring. And even if they did manage to hatch eggs against all odds, the chicks would be short lived and in their short time on this planet they would likely just suffer.

There is no reason to hybridize birds. It brings no benefits other than talking rights, "creator claims" and other frivolous things. Hybridizing is very very rarely to the benefit of the animals being mixed.
From what I know the only viable parrot hybrids that have been bred have been all macaws in genus ā€œaraā€ and cockatiels and galah cockatoos. I donā€™t who managed to breed tiels and galahs but obviously the macaws can be left off considering theyā€™re all in the same genus.
But really hybridisation should be banned, for the example the ligers (tiger and lion) suffer to their own body weight because simply their bodies didnā€™t evolve to handle their own weight because it is a hybrid and not a species. In some cases though hybridisation is fine, I guess, because sometimes the two species that do breed are closely related. Still shouldnā€™t happen anyways.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
From what I know the only viable parrot hybrids that have been bred have been all macaws in genus ā€œaraā€ and cockatiels and galah cockatoos. I donā€™t who managed to breed tiels and galahs but obviously the macaws can be left off considering theyā€™re all in the same genus.
I have to worry you - but there are much more parrot hybrids. There are even such hybrids like "pionus x amazon"
But really hybridisation should be banned, for the example the ligers (tiger and lion) suffer to their own body weight because simply their bodies didnā€™t evolve to handle their own weight because it is a hybrid and not a species. In some cases though hybridisation is fine, I guess, because sometimes the two species that do breed are closely related. Still shouldnā€™t happen anyways.
I agree.

Btw Recently I read an article about such thing like breeding hybrids using genetics in a laboratory or something like this ("genetically modified" I think)... anyway they will be able to breed literally each possible parrot combination, even macaw x cockatoo what's impossible to breed normally... and to think that these people have a permission and they work on it legally!:mad:

Apr 3, 2023
United Kingdom, England, Cheshire
Parrots
Budgies:
Makisig (4/11/2020)
Mayumi (4/11/2020-1/4/2023) Best friend of me and Makisig, our sibling, the one we cherished. Please fly high for us and donā€™t stop at nothing ā™„ļøā™„ļøā™„ļø
I have to worry you - but there are much more parrot hybrids. There are even such hybrids like "pionus x amazon"

I agree.

Btw Recently I read an article about such thing like breeding hybrids using genetics in a laboratory or something like this ("genetically modified" I think)... anyway they will be able to breed literally each possible parrot combination, even macaw x cockatoo what's impossible to breed normally... and to think that these people have a permission and they work on it legally!:mad:
What- why would anybody be so obessessive over getting new variations and mutations that theyā€™d cross breed two parrots from ENTIRELY different lineages (new world and old world parrots). If anything I think we should work on genetics to make parrots more docile to humans instead of making atrocities which could end up looking ugly. Iā€™d admit, all parrot colours are absolutely gorgous no doubt but why canā€™t people just focus on the personality aspect instead.
This is the reason why parrots and especially large ones like macaws and cockatoos are abandoned so often.
People see a beautiful bird that is gorgous but then they soon realise that they got a package they couldnā€™t handle with the bird being super aggressive or too hyper for their well-being.

OP
N

Nosari Viper

Nov 13, 2022
Parrots

Ok thank you very much Owlet, I will try to stop talking about Hybrid parrot and when I have different question about parrots I will talk about that instead

OP
N

Nosari Viper

Nov 13, 2022
Parrots

I agree.

Thank you for telling me Rozalka

OP
N

Nosari Viper

Nov 13, 2022
Parrots
Thank you for the Information

Hatzegopteryx4578

Most Reactions

Latest posts