Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My Phoe ended up plucking out every feather he could get to. He was a happy bird, he received lots of attention, lots of out time, a good diet and always had his best buddy, Jax by his side. Jax is also a plucker, but thankfully not as serious about it as Phoe was.

Phoe was my heart bird, and I thought he was beautiful just the way he was.

So many people turn away from adopting a plucker, and I wish they knew what they are missing out on.

6.jpg

Sadly since Phoe passed, Jax has really gone to town on his chest feathers. He still calls for Phoe at least once a week.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Pluckers are beautiful and that should never discourage anyone from adopting one ❤️
I'm so sorry your Phoe is no longer with you. But he's flying over endless fields of seed now, watching over you and Jax, and he wants you to remember him fondly, not be sad.
Thanks for posting.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Pluckers are beautiful and that should never discourage anyone from adopting one ❤️
I'm so sorry your Phoe is no longer with you. But he's flying over endless fields of seed now, watching over you and Jax, and he wants you to remember him fondly, not be sad.
Thanks for posting.
Thank you, Fox. I am finally to the point where I can smile when I remember him, and that's what he would have wanted:)

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Phoe was adorable 😍 His wings! His scruffy little face! 🥰🥰 I'm so sorry he's gone. Jax's own grieving process must really yank your heartstrings. What a special soul Phoe obviously was.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Phoe was adorable 😍 His wings! His scruffy little face! 🥰🥰 I'm so sorry he's gone. Jax's own grieving process must really yank your heartstrings. What a special soul Phoe obviously was.
Those little chicken wings of his were so precious, and his skin was so soft.
Poor Jax, he does still miss his buddy. They spent all day together out of their cages, but slept separately. We left Phoe's cage set up just like it was, and Jax spends the night in his cage and as soon as he is out he goes straight to Phoe's cage, and plays in there. I think having it still set up comforts us both.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
My goodness. Phoe was beautiful. And I wish more people would just give pluckers a chance at love again, but it can be a cruel and dysfunctional world sometimes :(
I don't understand it. I have more pluckers in my flock than feathered birds, because I chose them. There is just something about birds who pluck that touches my heart. You celebrate quietly each new feather, and mourn when you find it on the floor of the cage the next day. But there is always hope that one day that feather will stay.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Phoe was a cutie. My heart breaks for Jax. And you loosing that extra special connection.

I'm pro team love of pluckers. They deserve lots of love and homes that are judgment free.

And it's good to put them front and center. To normalize and remove any misguided shame. Because there are many that never had one bad thing happen and still develop this issue.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Terry allowed me to paint Phoe's portrait, and I proudly displayed it in my little online gallery. He was a little prince alright! Touched a million people, taught us all a thing or two.
Love you, TerryOh.
Love you too, Sunshine. And I love the painting you created so much. I treasure it, my Friend.

phoepaint1.jpg

Most Reactions