Bar spacing?

rosembers

Nov 15, 2015
Hi! Can anyone give me their thoughts/experience with budgies and bar spacing? I have an aviary with rescue keets that is 3/8 in bar spacing. So it's slightly less than 1/2 in. I am wanting to get a new aviary that is larger, but it has 1/2 in bar spacing. I have consistently read that for budgies, anything 1/2 in or less is safe, but it just seems a little wide to me for their little heads...if anyone has thoughts on this, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Here's the new aviary I'm looking into. The middle divider is removable so the entire unit could be one large space.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003GDBFDO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1L4LS2KNDBWYV]Amazon.com : HQ 16421wh Side By Side Double Aviary - White : Pet Supplies[/ame]

I've never seen a cage with less than 1/2", but 3/8 in your aviary is great. They usually say 1/2" for budgies because it's normally the smallest spacing out there. I know what you mean though, it does look like their little heads could be smaller than that!

That's the same double flight cage I have (in a different brand). The divider is usually out. Flight cages are made for small birds, and so ideal for budgies.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back