Bath Time?!?!?

Johnny

Nov 27, 2012
Parrots
Ciry, Kira - B&G
So Tab, you just continued the usuall routine? Put him there, shower, put him away? Or did you also do something else like treats while showering or some other stuff? (music,...)
He just started to like it all by himself just like that? That would be awesome :) Right now she is just "I trust you but I dont like it!" :)

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Yes, popped him on the perch, turned the shower on, and he would just stand there, i tried making it fun by splashing about with him, but i dont think that did anything :p

What i think started making it feel nice, i cupped my hands with water and splashed it onto his chest, thats when he first started lifting his wings.. i did that from the beginning, but only last week did he started actually doing the flaps and tail shaking

i wouldnt say 'just like that' ;) took 3 months hahaha but he had never had a shower before coming to me, so he wouldn't of had a clue what was going on for a while !

I think she will eventually figure out that showers are nice just like Fargo did :)

OP
Doves1

Doves1

Banned
Banned
Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Parrots
Phoenix the Scarlet Macaw
Aw thanks for the video of Mishka, he is absolutely adorable! Well tomorrow I'm not going to be home much so on Saturday we're going to tackle the shower and see how things go. I think I will just start with filling the bathtub with an inch or two of water and setting him in it for now and then we'll slowly work our way to turning on the shower.

I also want to get him used to feather drying like Mishka so I'll work on that as well.

Wish me luck!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Aw thanks for the video of Mishka, he is absolutely adorable! Well tomorrow I'm not going to be home much so on Saturday we're going to tackle the shower and see how things go. I think I will just start with filling the bathtub with an inch or two of water and setting him in it for now and then we'll slowly work our way to turning on the shower.

I also want to get him used to feather drying like Mishka so I'll work on that as well.

Wish me luck!

Thanks.....
I began placing Mishka in the bath, with a little bit of water, he stood at the other end. I began playing with the water, he got curious and also began playing.
Take it slowly sure he will enjoy it.
Good luck
:grey:

OP
Doves1

Doves1

Banned
Banned
Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Parrots
Phoenix the Scarlet Macaw
Well our first bath went alright. He wasn't too sure about this wet stuff I was trying to set him in so I kept him on my hand and just let him play with his beak and wing in the water. I'm sure once he gets used to it bath time is going to be a hit!

I'm going to keep doing the still water for now till he gets used to it and then I'll turn on the shower.

Most Reactions

Latest posts