Bathtime?

Oct 24, 2016
Any tips on getting an Alex to enjoy a bath? I've tried a shallow dish of water, a fine gentle mist and even taking the garden hose and putting it on a light mist and hanging it 2 or 3 feet above his out door cage. That's the only time hes seemed to enjoy it.

Hes looking a bit dull lately and short of me physically taking him and putting him in the bath I'm not sure what to do

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KrisandPenelope

Aug 23, 2015
North Carolina
Parrots
Penelope Primrose: Crimson bellied conure
I have the same issue with my conure. The only way she bathes is if I take her in the shower on my shoulder /: Let me know if you come up with anything that's more practical that works!

JohnH

Dec 23, 2016
Parrots
Sulphur crested cockatoo
I gave my 2 a shower in my kitchen sink this evening. I wedged a wooden dowel in the sink and placed her on it. She scrambled to escape but I blocked her and gave her a good soaking with the spray nozzle. It's the first real shower I have given her since I got her 2 months ago. I've used a spray bottle and misted her twice a week prior to this but I didn't feel it was sufficient. Based on her reaction I'm not sure she has ever had a shower before. I'm hoping she becomes more receptive as time goes by. When the weather warms up I will bring her outside for showers. Overall it wasn't so bad. She didn't scream and I still have all my fingers.

Most Reactions

Latest posts