Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Well I'll keep an eye on her, but what you saw in the photo was most definitely pear all over her face. Messy eater.

She's not changed her ways for a year, so I'm not suspecting anything wrong. Every time I've had a parrot with an infection, they've ended up with a lack of energy and I've noticed it immediately.

Trouble is advice is an opinion, even with human doctors, they all disagree. My doctor told me my blood pressure was fine for years, then I changed doctor and he said it was alarmingly high. I tried to report the first one, but there's a 6 month time limit here for such a thing. The first one was actually using one of those old mechanical ones you listen to by ear! the electronic ones are used everywhere else.
Side note regarding "those old mechanical ones you listen to by ear." Many doctors still continue to use them, as they're widely considered more accurate than the electronic ones to check blood pressure. The electronic ones exist more for convenience and perceived efficiency. Exceptions of course for improperly calibrated pressure gauge, but the electronic ones seem more prone to that than the mechanical ones. And yes, before you feel need to rebut, I work in the medical field.

Most Reactions