May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I got chosen by a male cockatiel yesterday. Every time he saw me, he would run towards me and whistle with "heart wings". I wish I could've taken him home, but he had to come with his (crappy) cage, and that was 600 USD, way too expensive. I felt bad for him, though, he just wanted to interact and his wings were absolutely butchered. But he barely got any attention since other (probably non-bird) people were too interested in the resident UC2 and macaw (some sort of hybrid).

I feel bad for the little guy, I wish I could've at least interacted with him, but of course they couldn't let me do that. The only other time I've been chosen was by a GCC, and even then, it wasn't as obsessed as that sweet guy was (he was head over heels in love with me LOL). If he even saw me from the doorway, he would start frantically climbing the cage and whistling. I hope he goes to an amazing home that lets him grow his wings and interacts with him and gets him out of that cage. Just wanted to share, I kind of wish he hadn't chosen me, because I can't stop thinking of him and wishing I could give him the life he deserves.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I hate it too!

I've had a few birds choose me, Tom was one of them, and though I took him home, there was one bird I couldn't!

A little blue quaker baby, he was eating some safflower I had in my pocket from training my other birds.
He kept looking at my eyes while the other babies ignored me.

We can't have them all though 😞

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Aww. I had an Amazon do this once; I was surprised because I wasn’t really excited about Amazons but he was in a glassed in case in a corner. It looked like he didn’t get much company. He put his head against the glass, by my hand, as if I should scratch him. I talked to him and he steamed up the glass with his breath.

This was when I was 19 and very poor and certainly could not buy a costly big bird. I felt badly though, because he seemed lonely.

Honestly I don’t go look at birds anymore because they want attention and it makes me sad. I love to meet birds, but…too sad.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
Awww Stormy that's hard.

There's a cockatoo where I volunteer that looooves me and I always feel bad when someone else cleans his room and he doesn't get a lot of time with me.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
It's just extra disappointing because I've been looking for a tiel, and since he chose me, it's perfect, he just costs way too much :(

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
That sucks he has to come with his crappy cage :( It would probably still be too $$$$ if you sold his cage, wouldn't it? :(
Yes, the cage is worth nothing.

Most Reactions