Black spots on gcc wings

Jun 9, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Hai! My bird has black spots/lines on her wings and 8m super worried about her, but she’s 7 years old!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 69

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome to you, Makato and Twinkles! Gorgeous little birdie you have there! ❤️

Honestly I'm not sure there's a lot going on here, other than a little wear and tear on those feathers. How long is it since she last had a moult? Any change in her poop, and how is her general demeanour otherwise? It might just be those feathers are a bit tattered and are due to be replaced. If she hasn't had a wellness check in the last 12 months or so, perhaps it might be time to have one done, just for peace of mind and to be on the safe side?

I hope that others will see your post and weigh in with their thoughts too.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
welcome! Twinkles wow what a fantastic name! Very beautiful green cheek!

Mines about the same age.

I agree with lovely Lamanuka. I'm not really seeing a lot to worry about. Maybe a couple more pictures:) of your Twinkle.

But if you feel something has changed you are in the best position to know your bird.
Know weight and check weekly a drop of more than 3% body mass Csn be an early sign if health issues. 5% or more definitely needs veterinarian evaluation.

Whats her diet?

Perhaps you've had hand ssbiter in hands? New lotion?

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
Any large changes in her life recently? Could be stress related, but seems unlikely

OP
M
Jun 9, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure

I agree with lovely Lamanuka. I'm not really seeing a lot to worry about. Maybe a couple more pictures:) of your Twinkle.

But if you feel something has changed you are in the best position to know your bird.
Know weight and check weekly a drop of more than 3% body mass Csn be an early sign if health issues. 5% or more definitely needs veterinarian evaluation.

Whats her diet?

She eats some vegtables and fruit and I give her pellets alot but my parents insist on making her diet fully seeds

OP
M
Jun 9, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Welcome to you, Makato and Twinkles! Gorgeous little birdie you have there! ❤️

Honestly I'm not sure there's a lot going on here, other than a little wear and tear on those feathers. How long is it since she last had a moult? Any change in her poop, and how is her general demeanour otherwise? It might just be those feathers are a bit tattered and are due to be replaced. If she hasn't had a wellness check in the last 12 months or so, perhaps it might be time to have one done, just for peace of mind and to be on the safe side?

I hope that others will see your post and weigh in with their thoughts too.
Her last mount was like a couple of weeks ago and her poop is completely normal I do hope they just need to be replaced but she had a check up last month before she started getting them thank u so much!

OP
M
Jun 9, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure

Whats her diet?

She does kind of bite and preen a lot could it be that?

Most Reactions

Latest posts