Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi Ira. Any appliance that heats up is a potential source of fumes from a non stick coating, bread makers included. Even if the heating element is buried deep within the appliance, like a bread making machine. Contacting a knowledgeable person at the manufacturer ( which may prove very difficult in todays global economy) and getting the exact nature of any coatings used is essential. Your bread maker was likely made in China, like so much is these days, so that contact may take some perseverance!

We got one a few years ago and promptly gave it away.

OP
Ira7

Ira7

Banned
Banned
Feb 9, 2020
Coral Springs, FL
Parrots
YNA
Hi Ira. Any appliance that heats up is a potential source of fumes from a non stick coating, bread makers included. Even if the heating element is buried deep within the appliance, like a bread making machine. Contacting a knowledgeable person at the manufacturer ( which may prove very difficult in todays global economy) and getting the exact nature of any coatings used is essential. Your bread maker was likely made in China, like so much is these days, so that contact may take some perseverance!

We got one a few years ago and promptly gave it away.

I guess I can use it outside.

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
Things like that, waffle makers, hot pots, etc. we've used outside. I just realized though that we use a rice-maker indoors. I had not even thought of it because I do not operate it. Maybe it's lucky that it was over 10 years old, probably doesn't get too hot, and stays wet. I hope I think about it if it gets replaced.

Most Reactions

Latest posts