Bringing home a new green cheek conure

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Hello everyone.
Today my friend brought home a new green cheek conure, he is very adorable and very quite lil bird. This is his first bird ever ( I will show photos) he bought it from a breeder in Austria. But there are some problems with his feathers because there are missing in his belly and chest, the breeder told him that its because he is young not even a year old the feathers hasn’t come up yet and they will grow eventually.

I need someone’s opinion if they dealt with this kind of “feather loss” or what you think the problem is.
And if you know what kind of green cheek conure is this please let me know also.

Thanks so much for helping out.

Attachments

• IMG_9764.jpeg
    IMG_9764.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9765.jpeg
    IMG_9765.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9768.jpeg
    IMG_9768.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9767.jpeg
    IMG_9767.jpeg
    370.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9766.jpeg
    IMG_9766.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 47

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Maybe a Crimson Bellied Conure? He is so cute!

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Don't know, but I hope your keep your bird far far away from this little guy until his health is assessed and thoroughly treated.
He is not here I live in a different country so he is not near, he is very alive and move alot he doesnt seem like a sick bird

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
If that is his species I know it does take time for the red belly to grow in.
This was written I don’t understand german so yea

Attachments

• IMG_9771.jpeg
    IMG_9771.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 19

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
He is not here I live in a different country so he is not near, he is very alive and move alot he doesnt seem like a sick bird
I thought your post said he was a "very quite ill bird" but I misunderstood. Was just concerned. Sorry!
Thanks so much, do you happen to know anything why he has feathers like that

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
I thought your post said he was a "very quite ill bird" but I misunderstood. Was just concerned. Sorry!
No sorry, he is shy i think thats why he is quite, overall he is coming to take food from hand but will not step up, I dont think he is sick whatsoever i just think they did bot take care of him properly

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
That information sheet says he's a pearly conure, which looks like a crimson bellied conure but without the red belly. I hope he has a good home now, maybe with the right nutrition and care his feathers will sort themselves out :)

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
No sorry, he is shy i think thats why he is quite, overall he is coming to take food from hand but will not step up, I dont think he is sick whatsoever i just think they did bot take care of him properly
I assume your friend is getting him vet checked for his feathers and overall health. A lot of very young birds have messy feathers before their first big molt but a baseline health evaluation is always important. Hope he feathers out soon. He's so cute!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
The first set of feathers often don't look so great, as youngsters are pretty clumsy. His adult coloring will start to come in with his first big moult. But it appears to be a crimson bellied conure.

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
I definitely think he's a pearly conure. I have a crimson bellied conure and he looks different, plus the sign said he's a pearly conure. Crimsons have lighter green feathers in the face. The first two pictures are crimson bellied conures and the last one is a pearly conure

Crimson bellied conure.jpg
Crimson bellied conure baby.jpg
Pearly conure.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts