OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Well guys, hard to believe but Bumble turns 3 this week. I canā€™t believe it. And I turn 50 next week. I also canā€™t believe that. Back in October on the spur-of-the-moment I booked a 4 day birthday cruise. One of my besties is going and my stepdad also decided to come and to bring my daughter and my niece so Iā€™m very excited.

BUT

I canā€™t take Bum on the cruise (stupid rules). Sheā€™s booked in to ā€œsleepaway campā€ at my best friendā€™s house. BFF has 4 birds of her own along with a couple of dogs and cats and various critters. Bumble will be very well cared for, as BFF obviously loves animals and also loves me and knows how special Bum is to me. She will take her into the large master bathroom every day for out of cage safe playtime (easiest place to make sure the other animals are on the other side of the door). She will also send me tons of pictures and *if* Facebook messenger video chat will work with the internet plan I purchased, weā€™ll ā€œtalkā€ that way. I know sheā€™ll be fine, and we did sort of a teat run when I had to go out of town for work earlier this month. But I canā€™t help worry about her and I know all or you understand that.

Oh and I have been telling her for several days how many days until I leave and how many days Iā€™ll be gone and where sheā€™ll be so she is being prepared. I suspect it will be easier on her than on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
We hope you enjoy yourself Inger. I'm sure Bumble will appreciate the heads up on the # of days etc. I think they understand a lot more than we give them credit for.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Have a great time on your cruise Inger...I'm jealous! Never been on one. I'm sure Bumsie will do fine,she's used to your friend taking such good care of her..think of it as a little vacation for her too! I know you'll be worried but it sounds like you have thought it through

Jim

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Hmmm, a birthday cruise! I'm guessing you are likely traveling North and/or South along the coast?

Enjoy!

South! Iā€™ll fly to LA and then take a quick jaunt to Ensenada, Mexico [emoji16] The northward cruises donā€™t run this time of year. Brrrr!

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
We hope you enjoy yourself Inger. I'm sure Bumble will appreciate the heads up on the # of days etc. I think they understand a lot more than we give them credit for.

Thanks, Al. I have every intention of having a fabulous time. And I know she understands more than a non-bird-person would ever give her credit for. And itā€™s thanks to you that we do the countdown. In fact, I tell her every day whether Iā€™ll be home at ā€œregular time,ā€
ā€œa little late,ā€ or ā€œreally late.ā€ When Iā€™m wrong, I hear alllll about it.

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Have a great time on your cruise Inger...I'm jealous! Never been on one. I'm sure Bumsie will do fine,she's used to your friend taking such good care of her..think of it as a little vacation for her too! I know you'll be worried but it sounds like you have thought it through

Jim

Thanks Jim. I know sheā€™ll be fine, but you know...

Iā€™ve never been on a cruise either and itā€™s just a short one but Iā€™m super excited!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Have a ball!

You're gonna miss that little Bumble SO MUCH, though! Be sure to take along photos, a few feathers, and a special toy that you can keep close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll need that stuff when you're far, far away. Trust me.

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Have a ball!

You're gonna miss that little Bumble SO MUCH, though! Be sure to take along photos, a few feathers, and a special toy that you can keep close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll need that stuff when you're far, far away. Trust me.

Great ideas! I've also paid for the lowest level internet package while I'm on the ship so BFF can send me pictures and videos and updates. I was perfectly happy to be without my phone for the 4 days until I realized it meant cut off from Bumble. That will absolutely not work, so I coughed up the $30, which is pretty cheap for some peace of mind.

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
761d0e7f8ed8a43f49ab1206e7e46608.jpg

How can she be this adorable?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Oh , I'm scared that cases of coronavirus just aren't being reported in South America.....please be safe. How rotten all this is going on right when you plan a fabulous trip.

I hope you have a wonderful time. Stay healthy. That you get to relax. See do much beautiful things, and eat great foods.

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Thanks for your concern! Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be fine. Itā€™s killing me to leave me little bestie behind, but Iā€™m looking forward to seeing my fam and getting some warmth and sun!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I can't find again to link here
But
CDC said the United States will no longer send rescue flights for people traveling on cruise ships or over seas who become exposed or infected from the coronavirus. CDC said you travel at your own risk right now.

I just want you to be safe! And I'm sorry if I caused fear or stress but I wanted to share that with you.

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Returned safely from the cruise last week. It was wonderful, sun and warmth and time with my family are all food for my soul.

My BFF who took care of Bumble texted with a funny story while I was gone. She has 4 other birds-2 quakers, a cockatoo, and a grey. After Bumble had been put to bed for the night, BFF was upstairs and heard Bumble cheeping but quite loudly. It panicked her, because the only time sheā€™d heard Bum be loud enough to hear from that far away was when the evil vacuum cleaner was visible. So she rushed downstairs, pulled off Bumā€™s cover to check on her. Bum cracked an eyelid and looked at her like ā€œLady, Iā€™m sleeping here.ā€ Just then Milo, the grey, let out a perfect, albeit loud, Bumble chirp!

When I got home, I was prepared to be punished a bit but I was surprised and thrilled to have a sweet Velcro bird all weekend. Parrotlets are bitey, and Bummy is no exception, but I got nothing but sweetness affection and she wouldnā€™t let me out of her sight. It was a really wonderful vacation but itā€™s also so good to be back with my girl.

Here she is giving me some love and then looking fluffed and happy to have her mama home. Man I love this wee beastie.

a75743f07e72e5998e6a07dc8bf307e1.jpg

67c79372c865af9077e075fafd484922.jpg

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Glad you are home safe n sound Inger. Love the pic of Bumble looking like ice cream wouldn't melt in her beak!

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Glad you are home safe n sound Inger. Love the pic of Bumble looking like ice cream wouldn't melt in her beak!

Hahaha she does sort of look like that! But please note her missing footsie and floofy happiness [emoji23][emoji23]

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Right now, Bumble is sitting quietly on my hand, about half asleep and occasionally cheeping. Itā€™s a good life

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Part of our current nightly routine is that Bum has an evening preen while sitting on my finger. Sheā€™s very clever; this often delays bedtime because how can I interrupt such peaceful sweetness?

9c71764479c28750b961416b935cab58.jpg

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ć¢ā‚¬Å“ScreeĆ¢ā‚¬ļæ½ - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
So hard to disturb fluffy happy chickens :)

Most Reactions