Cage injury?

OP
A

Alybri

Jan 10, 2022
Parrots
Quaker, green cheek conure
I just felt Willow’s face in that area. It seems that could be an injury at or near the bill commisure (where top and bottom jaws come together) or at margin of the bill.
Hmmm. I didn't think about that. If it's inflamed, and it's in that spot he could be accidentally biting it. Maybe?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I agree with Heather that there can be a foreign body under skin or in beak mouth in that area.

I cation use of hydrogen peroxide , it can damage skin and delays healing . Use once to help remove debris or every couple of days. Betadine can be used several times a day it cleans ( also it stains stuff) and acts kinda like a topical antibiotic.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Hmmm. I didn't think about that. If it's inflamed, and it's in that spot he could be accidentally biting it. Maybe?
I don’t think he could bite it but I am sure he could rub it. I wonder why that spot would be inflamed and I find that concerning. I wonder if there could be a problem outside or inside his beak or with his skin or head. I really think if a bird or child rubs a spot that it is likely bothering them for some reason.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Hi, how is your bird’s facial sore doing?

Does he still not want you to touch it?

Most Reactions