Cage sizing question for ARN

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
I don't know if this warrants its own thread here rather than my current Ringneck thread but I didn't easily find one after searching the forum.

For anyone who's had an African Ringneck, would you recommend following bar spacing for a cockatiel? Or bigger like a conure? My little guy just seems so small compared to the Moustache Parakeet and Indian Ringnecks I met last weekend, and even seems a smidge smaller than the cockatiel that is boarding near his cage at the rescue. His head seems bigger than a cockatiel but with him being mostly naked and not fluffy I am second guessing my judgment.

He's doing well navigating his current (short) cage with 1/2" all-vertical-bars spacing so I probably should just stick with that - but that means the overall width and depth available on the market is smaller.

I do have a pretty big budget for a cage (I've been earmarking what I spent on my old man doggo's care in his last months) so I'm open to anything! Preferably white or light colored so, ok, not *anything* πŸ˜†

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Thank you! My "system" for thinking I'd figured this out was keeping a million tabs open on my phone and that backfired lol
It's soooo hard to decide which tabs to delete!

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022

Most Reactions