Chewing obsession

BobbyBird

Feb 9, 2024
Parrots
Bobby
My parrot has a obsession with chewing on his newspaper bedding. I don’t like him running around in his poop and especially chewing on it. How to stop this and what else can he chew on?

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Since he seems to love paper type products, it might be a good idea to get him some bird toys that incorporate paper or cardboard. Another popular chew toy for birds is the “ bird kabob” made of soft wood. You can also make shreddable toys. I cut some holes in a small box and filled it with shredded paper for my Quaker to pull out and shred. He also likes empty cardboard toilet paper tubes!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
If you are laying newspaper on top of the grating in his cage, try putting them below that. Thats how its supposed to be.

OP
BobbyBird

BobbyBird

Feb 9, 2024
Parrots
Bobby
If you are laying newspaper on top of the grating in his cage, try putting them below that. Thats how its supposed to be
If you are laying newspaper on top of the grating in his cage, try putting them below that. Thats how its supposed to be.
Since he seems to love paper type products, it might be a good idea to get him some bird toys that incorporate paper or cardboard. Another popular chew toy for birds is the “ bird kabob” made of soft wood. You can also make shreddable toys. I cut some holes in a small box and filled it with shredded paper for my Quaker to pull out and shred. He also likes empty cardboard toilet paper tubes!
Ok! I’ll try some stuff

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Syd loves newspaper too, I put sheets together punch a hole in one corner and thread some leather through and hang it from the top of his cage. Keeps him happy for ages. I do put knots up the two straps to stop him putting his head through.

Most Reactions